TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to make it so my first gear will last longer.I feel I have to shift too early into second. Sprocket change? Also I hate the cheap feel of the clutch. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
I would like to make it so my first gear will last longer.I feel I have to shift too early into second. Sprocket change? Also I hate the cheap feel of the clutch. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I went with a 15 tooth front sprocket (similar to changing the rear to a 47) I wish I had done it a couple years earlier than I did!!

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
20,505 Posts
Right you are Joe, appropriate gearing is so relative to the "where and how" of the rider and his environment.
As to the clutch feel...well, welcome to the world of TW200s.:p
You'll likely soon get used to it and simply develop a riding style that treats the clutch like a on/off switch.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Here are a few suggestions :wave:

https://www.amazon.com/Vesrah-Heavy-Clutch-Spring-SK-206/dp/B00230C82I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490145451&sr=8-1&keywords=sk+206
https://www.amazon.com/Sunstar-21315-15-Teeth-Countershaft-Sprocket/dp/B004ZIV250/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490145558&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=sunstar+21315&psc=1&smid=A3TGC5XRRCX4P2

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought 2 new 2015 TWs and the clutch sucked horribly on both. They now both have over 1,300 miles or so on them and they are not bad at all now. What I did was disconnect the clutch cables when they were still new and lubed the hell out them with a teflon based heavy oil (Tetra Gun Oil). I lubed them, worked them, and let gravity help with the process until the oil was draining out the bottom of the cables. Took a while. Then when I reinstalled them I also used Tetra teflon based grease the cable ends. With some use after that treatment they are now nice and smooth and easy to operate. Well worth the effort.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I put a 15 tooth on my when I was using it a lot running around town. I recently picked up another motorcycle that is used for town duty. Now I'm going to put my 14 tooth back on because the single track I ride leaves me constantly shifting between 1st and 2nd. Where my friends with the 14 tooth pretty much leave it 2nd ride and I struggle to keep up do to constantly shifting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts