TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I can beat littletommy to it, check out the new offering from Yamaha. Built on the popular FZ-07 frame and motor, it has a retro naked look. What do you think?

[/URL][/IMG]

Link: 2016 Yamaha XSR700 ? Hip Meets Modern Tech

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Looks like a lot of motor stuffed inside the frame. I like it :D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I like it but I have one huge issue. Find a pic of a 3/4 view of it. See that giant silver radiator stuck to the front of it? It's very unsightly. At the very least it should be black.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yeah, I agree, giant radiator looks way out of place. But damn, you got to hand it to Yamaha for bringing the cool sh*t to the market! :cool: m.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Feel better, LT!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed. On the green version, that cooler is very conspicuous and probably should be black. However, on the version that is painted that same color, it actually looks good to me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm a fan of the old XS line that they are trying to tie to here. (Which of course was yamahas take on a british twin) One of their best features was their clean simple look. Smooth simple shaped case, clean head, carberator. From that point of view i just don't see it. Like a lot of bikes now days it looks like a magnet dragged through a bucket of bolts. The tank and seat almost have a line, but cover them up and look at what you have. It is just a mass of tubes, wires, and bolts. I will reserve judgement on the sound it makes running until i hear more. In the video it sounds like a sweat shop full of sowing machines.

·
Registered
807 Posts
^^^^^^Im with ya, IMO not a good looking bike at all.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Haha.......just read the article.

there is a lot to like with the XSR700, namely its modern engineering, retro looks, and great rideability
Retro looks? Where? Compaired to what?

·
Registered
807 Posts
The area circled in red needs to be re-thought. The area circled in yellow is the ugliest hodgepodge of thrown together crap I think Ive ever seen on a motorcycle. Of course...............thats just my opinion and Ive often been told I dont know crap :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
I really like it. First standard motorcycle for a while the doesn't look like the result of a praying mantis humping a dirt bike.
Are we looking at the same picture? Cause your praying mantis description fits it pretty good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts