TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TW has been a fantastic bike so far! I’m not planning to make a lot of mechanical modifications, but I am wanting to do a few things to improve the safety and usability.

The first thing on my list was to upgrade the headlight. The stock halogen light is ok, but I wanted to add some brightness and free up valuable wattage. JNS Engineering has a great plug and play option that takes about 5 minutes to install. You simply remove the plastic headlight cowling, unfasten the two 10mm bolts on either side, unplug the old light, and reverse the steps with the new headlight.

I purchased the black version, which gives the headlight a cool, stealth look when the light is turned off. Since the cowling on my TW is black, the headlight blends right in! Both the low and high beams seem bright and the whiter color tone makes visibility easier for me. Here’s a few before and after pictures. I’m very happy with the new light!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t wire the daytime running light yet. I wasn’t sure which wire to tap in to in order to get a constant connection. Do you have a recommendation?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Mine is stock but I believe folks are tapping into the low beam. Sure seems like a great product, everybody loves em. Black looks great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. I’ll take a look at tapping into the low beam wire.

Yes, it has a dedicated wire for the Daytime Running Light.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
DRL was extensively written up very recently.
I can't find the thread, but you might want to dig for it.
The lights come with simple instructions for the DRL light...hook up to any hot (Pos) wire.
Can't find my instructions but I think they recommended hooking into the right side blinker/running light red wire.
JNS now includes a neat little screw-in in wire tap connection for the DRL lead.

Where in Tay-Has are you? We're in Timbercreek Canyon, S. of Amarillo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m in San Antonio...been looking at inexpensive used pickups to take the tdub to some more remote areas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts