TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got back from my first motorcycle trip this past long weekend. Had the T-dub loaded up pretty heavy. Actually so much so I was able to have both feet flat on the ground lol.One funny of the trip was the very beginning. I was about ready to leave, got on and couldn't fit on the bike! I was planning on wearing my small hydration pack which I use sometimes but the load on the T-dub didn't give me enough room ! lol what a way to start. Ended up using a shoulder slung bag and it worked out well. Anyway it was awesome. I did a bit of a video on the trip so if you are up for it give it a view.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/losttourist/tw200/?action=view&current=MotorcycleCampingTrip.mp4

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Nice R/R Lost, great job!

I am getting ready for our first bike supported camping trip on this end. I hope we do as well as you did!

Bag

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I am very impressed.. Real creative camera placement for some interesting shots. Enjoyed the music and viewing the still photos as well. Thanks. Gerry

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the compliments. There was a ton of footage I went thru. Actually missed putting in the camera angle capturing the front tire shot in the video. Oh well next time.

Love my T-dub !!! Hey that rhymes!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very cool, I really want to do that soon as well. Eastern Oregon is where I want to go, I do have trepidation about it though. Any tips on what you brought that you didn't need and vice-versa? Thanks!

Nice job on the video BTW, I edit video for a living and that's one of the nicer ones i've seen on here

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for the comps. As far as tips on gear etc. Everything I brought I ended up using except for emergency stuff which is a good thing. These included things like first aid kit, extra rope, zip ties , duct tape, that kinda stuff. Also brought more than enough food. Again better to have a bit more of this kind of stuff than not enough.

I guess the biggest tip is to plan in advance. Create a list of items you need for the trip starting with most important to least. Then pack it all up in your bags etc.

For me since I am still a new rider I knew all the extra weight would affect the handling of the bike. So prior to the trip I did a few test runs with the bike loaded down. So by trip day, I was used to how the bike would handle. Which by the way was totally awesome! I had thoughts that it might ride a bit slower but to my surprise the extra weight had no effect at all on power and speed. I was totally impressed.

All the best on your planned trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts