TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a gallon of Yamalube 10-40.

It has markings for Liters and Quarts. Should I use a Liter or a Quart? There is a difference. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I think its embossed "1000 ml" right near the fill plug. So to answer your question it takes one litre (that is how it is spelled in Canada)

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
You are correct 1 quart = 946 milliliters, or slightly less a full liter.

With your bike on level ground and as close to vertical as you can safely secure it, just slowly add oil until it begins to be visible in the sight glass in the lower right side engine cover. Then I usually start my engine and let it run for a minute or two, then shut it down and top off the oil level to the top mark on the sight glass.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I use 1 quart. However, the difference between a liter and a quart is not enough to cause a problem. When I buy oil in gallons I get a used quart oil bottle and fill it to the mark, then dump it in to avoid any overfill. You can also use a kitchen 1 quart beaker, just don't tell the wife! :eek: I have several tools that need only 250 to 400 milliliters of oil, so I eventually bought a dedicated plastic beaker for that purpose. Pouring in an exact amount of oil makes the procedure simpler.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use 1 quart. However, the difference between a liter and a quart is not enough to cause a problem. When I buy oil in gallons I get a used quart oil bottle and fill it to the mark, then dump it in to avoid any overfill. You can also use a kitchen 1 quart beaker, just don't tell the wife! :eek: I have several tools that need only 250 to 400 milliliters of oil, so I eventually bought a dedicated plastic beaker for that purpose. Pouring in an exact amount of oil makes the procedure simpler.
The wife will never know as long as you wash it out and put it back in the cupboard. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts