TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got thru the oil change without problems. When it was time to check the weep bolt I had no idea what to expect as far as how much oil would seep out so after running the engine for a couple of minutes and seeing nothing come out I got worried, turned off the engine and completely removed the bolt and it was completely coated with clean oil, so I’m assuming everything is ok. Should I have waited longer? As I said I had no idea what to expect. Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
That's what the paper towel is for: it makes it much easier to see the first drop wick out. Also, if you run the RPM's up a little bit, it will take less time.

I hope you have been reading the cover bolt advice not to use the specified torque, but about 15% less so as not to stretch or snap the bolts.

Since I re-use the original oil filter indefinitely, and NO-ONE works on my bike but me, I have stopped doing the bleed test since there is no possibility of putting in the wrong filter. The ONLY possibility is that I actually forget to put fresh oil in and maybe someday when I'm even more senile I'll do that! :eek: :p

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what the paper towel is for: it makes it much easier to see the first drop wick out. Also, if you run the RPM's up a little bit, it will take less time.

I hope you have been reading the cover bolt advice not to use the specified torque, but about 15% less so as not to stretch or snap the bolts.

Since I re-use the original oil filter indefinitely, and NO-ONE works on my bike but me, I have stopped doing the bleed test since there is no possibility of putting in the wrong filter. The ONLY possibility is that I actually forget to put fresh oil in and maybe someday when I'm even more senile I'll do that! :eek: :p
Thank you. That’s insurance enough for me as I’ll be the only one to change the oil. Yes I’ve read about the bolts and while I do not own a torque wrench I’ve always had a good feel for when it’s far enough. I haven’t snapped a bolt so far in more than 50 years of oil changes. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts