TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new T-Dub on it's first overnighter from Dallas up to Eisenhower State Park on Lake Texoma (Oklahoma border).

Rode the "back" roads up to the park, and the OHV trails at the park, camped one night, then back home the same way. Not much in terms of trails up there, but then there aren't many places to ride on public lands in Texas, so you take what you can get!

Got the valves adjusted Monday (thanks for the help guys!) and packed and left yesterday morning.

Tent, sleeping pad, and a dry bag with sleeping bag and a few necessities went on the rear rack.

Dallas has been growing like mad, so it takes forever to get out of the 'burbs. After about two hours, I was seeing scenes like this:

Checked in at the park. "Here, tape this on your windshield."

Paid my $16 and after about half an hour of computer system problems the park rangers gave me my OHV sticker.

Took me just a few minutes to setup camp.

Rode the trails, but didn't take many good pictures, or pictures of any of the good spots on the trails. I need to get a GoPro or dig up my old action cam.

There are only 3 miles of trails, but that's OK. It was my first opportunity to get the T-Dub off-road. Most of the trails have dirt and gravel, and a few areas are quite rocky with lots of egg to apple sized rocks and a few cantaloupes and bowling balls thrown in for fun. First time I had ridden off-road in more than 30 years! T-Dub handled it well. There were a few times when I wanted to get up on the tank, but my legs are too long!

Got back to camp and gave the bike a once-over before it got dark. Another dang nail. Do these tire have built-in nail magnets?!

Pulled it with no pressure loss. I guess the RideOn is working. (y)

Pretty sunset and moonrise over the lake, from my camp spot.

(I've hit my photos limit on this post, so I'll try to continue this ride report via comments...)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got up with the sun this morning and rode the trails again. I was the only person there both days.

When I got hot and tired, went back and pack up camp, then hit the road home.

Went through the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge. Didn't stop at their info center, just a did a quick tour and kept going. It looks to be a large wetland area in the middle of the blackland prairie. This being Texas and all, they had a few oil wells.

A good time was had by all, and the bike performed admirably. Since it is still shiny and new, this was my first chance to really get a feel for it. So much fun to ride! The only issue is my long legs and that short seat to peg height. After two days in the saddle my knees are killing me! Have to investigate the tall seat and alternate pegs. All in all a fantastic trip squeezed into about 30 hours.

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
That sounds like a very successful overnighter with a well told story too. Can't decide if I like the moonrise over lake photo from camp or the short video clip best..all good stuff!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Got back to camp and gave the bike a once-over before it got dark. Another dang nail. Do these tire have built-in nail magnets?!
I could definitely see it being more attractive to nails with all the width and chunky tread. I guess sometimes you just get screwed.

Great trip, looks like you had a good time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got up with the sun this morning and rode the trails again. I was the only person there both days.

View attachment 208528

View attachment 208529

When I got hot and tired, went back and pack up camp, then hit the road home.

View attachment 208530

View attachment 208531

Went through the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge. Didn't stop at their info center, just a did a quick tour and kept going. It looks to be a large wetland area in the middle of the blackland prairie. This being Texas and all, they had a few oil wells.

View attachment 208532

View attachment 208533

A good time was had by all, and the bike performed admirably. Since it is still shiny and new, this was my first chance to really get a feel for it. So much fun to ride! The only issue is my long legs and that short seat to peg height. After two days in the saddle my knees are killing me! Have to investigate the tall seat and alternate pegs. All in all a fantastic trip squeezed into about 30 hours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That looks like a great ride. I live in Sherman and bought a 2020 TW last spring. Eisenhower is a nice state park. I used to ride mountain bikes there but haven't been on the TW. I know where all the good trails and backroads are up here if want me to show you.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just seeing this thread. Nice pics!! (y)

So, do you reckon the nail you removed was long enough to go through the knobby & tire carcass to reach the tube? You may have gotten lucky, and it didn't.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Flatgrind-- You do have a knack for attracting nails and flats.
whats your secret ?
mike from NC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts