TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gents,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I just bought my first bike, a 2006 TW200, and am loving it. I wanted a small dual sport to learn on, and am very happy with my purchase. I have been reading about some of the mods you guys have done, and for now plan on keeping the bike stock, as far as performance goes. I have added a cycleracks rear rack and purchased a hitch carrier for when I want go out of town. I have found myself completely engulfed with wanting to ride! I would like to do a tour of the Natchez Trace Parkway in the next few months. Also, I have joined a local, 900 acre OHV park to get some off-road miles logged.

In addition to my newfound love of dual-sporting, I love camping and backpacking, going to concerts (love Widespread Panic), and spending time with my wife and three sons.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Okra

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum Okra!! Love your handle...:D

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
A big welcome from the center of the country. Have a great time on the bike. You'll love it. You'll love the forum for all the friendly folks on here.

·
Registered
20,475 Posts
Welcome, sounds like your our kind of forum member.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome aboard. That's a great username. It sounds like a Boy Scout patrol name.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome aboard. These little bikes are the crack of the motorcycle world. Sell the bike and get on with your life while you still can! If you continue down this road you will find yourself shopping for hickory shirts and suspenders while you are waiting for the 12 different dino and synthetic motor oils to break down in the partitioned skillet. The oil that retains it viscosity longest wins! Only the very best oil goes in a TW;) The divorce comes right around the period where you are trying to choose the proper front tire and the kid's college savings would fund a month long excursion to Moab, Utah. You have been warned:D

Tom

Tom

Reactions: grewen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcomes guys! I have been riding my TW to work everyday, trying to see how long I can ride before giving in to the cold. Being in Mississippi and with the proper gear, I think that I can make it all winter! I'm still loving the bike and have been riding every chance that I get. I have noticed while out at the local OHV park on sandy, singletrack, switchback trails the TW feels better suited for slow exploring. I have come into contact with riders out there riding more MX type bikes, and they are obviously doing things that the TW could never do. As for now, I am content with easing around the trails with an explorer's mindset; rather than trying to shred the gnar :suspicion:

My biggest concern right now is the perceived lack of places to ride off-road. Other than the local OHV park, which I am impressed with, I am feeling a bit limited. Does anyone know of a dirt road database?

Thanks again for all of the replies!

Okra

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
'Bout all you can do is look at your local maps... like pull up Google Maps and zoom in and look for dirt roads. Or even switch to satellite view and see what you can find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts