TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hello. Site is great with all the information and nice contributors.

Well after some time off of the two wheels due to soulless four wheeled machine taking me out, Saturday I take a little trip to PA to pick new to me 2009 TW with just shy of 2k miles with some extras. What should I be looking for when inspecting the bike before tossing the cash down?

Thank you for the information ahead of time! And thank your to the folks I have pm'ed questions to already.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Others will be better at suggesting what you should look for. I just want to say "get ready to have some fun" and your right, this IS a great forum with thoughtful contributors.

Will

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'd look for oil leaks, chain condition and where the snail adjust is set. Pull the fork gators up and see if everything is clean in there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd look for oil leaks, chain condition and where the snail adjust is set. Pull the fork gators up and see if everything is clean in there.
at what setting on the snail should i have some concerns? from photos thus far the tab is 4th hole from the sails head, this a concern? i know to check the tension on the chain when i get there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked it up! got it for the lady but think I may have more fun with it than her!

Came with a few goodies so I am happy, PO took good care of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you, I have a few items on order to better this great machine. think I will be looking for a 2nd one so the lady and I can ride together.

we both are very eager to get back to riding. both took a hiatus for a little (sold my Triumph after I rebuilt it after a accident and she sold her Harley, after my accident)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts