TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my bike home Tuesday and went through it with a fine tooth comb. Between working late and going out of town, I finally got to take a 20 mile ride this evening. I also added a Jimbo shield. I talked to Jim Thursday evening and got shield today. If every business conducted transactions the way he does, our economy would be great. Anyway, the bike has a stock sprocket on rear and 15 tooth on front. I was thinking about ordering a DG exhaust and jet kit, but after my ride, I think I might stay the way it is. The previous owner drilled four 1/2" holes in air box and drilled out the spark arrester.On flat ground at 70 degrees with me weighing 180 lbs got up to 70 mph and I still had a little twist left. It was a little buzzy but it still has the original tires with 2700 miles on them. It felt like they were square, but the last bike I owned was a VFR 800 Honda. Still the bike ran great and pulled strong through all the gears. I don't want to get greedy and make changes just to try and get more power when it seems to be maxed out now. Plus, I am thinking about a set of Bridgestone TW 203 and TW 204. Its got to ride better, I think. Also, my son bought me a killer modular Helmet off Amazon , LS2 Helmets FF386 Modular Motorcycle Helmet, for a $110. For this little bike its perfect and the color matches too. Any advice on the exhaust and tires?
TW & helmet.jpeg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I do have a farm with some trails I run my H1 on so I guess I will keep the tires I have. The roads around my house are a little rough , most with no lines on them . I will check out the ride on some good roads later.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Whats the safety issue for the stock tire?
It doesn't do well on graveled roads, nor in mud or other slippery conditions (rain on pavement). Many folks find it OK, but more aggressive riders or those dealing with rough backcountry trails have benefited from a change to the Kenda or the Shinko. There are LOTS and lots of discussions about front tires here. I know I'm very happy I changed mine to a Kenda, but I ride all sorts of gnarly mountainous terrain. You may be just fine with the stock, but when it's time to replace, seriously consider the alternatives. I wish I had done it at 100 miles, not 4,000!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts