TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! Met up with forum member Blake this morning for a little fire road ride on his side of the valley. Got a good chuckle when I pulled up to see his 2016 TW200, almost a mirror image of my bike. We took a number of dirt roads and fire roads from Castaic to Valencia through the mountains. Lovely ride. I need to work on my downhill technique (slowing down first) as I washed out twice in loose dirt. Blake has upgraded springs in his front suspension, which he feels helps keep the weight transferring to the front wheel. I'm gonna give that upgrade a try. On coming down the mountain we dead-ended in a fenced in wash and had to do a hill climb up and around the fence. My T-Dub only made it half way before the rear tire dug a deep hole and got stuck. Blake helped me lift out of the hole and walk the bike up the last bit of hill. Then he stomped over the hill on his TW like a pro. Gotta say I'm lucky to have a more experienced rider to hit some trails with and help pull you out of a bad spot. We're looking to grow our little Santa Clarita Valley group, so if you're near by give us a holler. Here;s a couple of pictures from the day. Can you spot the differences between our TWs?

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

·
Registered
937 Posts
Looks like a great day!
You have different rear racks, someone has a front rack, one left the rear reflector on, one has a Jimbo shield, one has a tool tube and one has a seat concepts seat, one a rear bag other a tank bag...and of course different owners ;-)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. Ah yes, Blake mentioned something about a large number of Nut Jobs up there. I'll surely say hello for you. Good observation skills Donzo. I didn't notice the rear reflector difference. There's also one difference between the 2016 and 2017 not mentioned...

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Different front tires + skid plates

Reactions: Blake and Donzo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Guys, yes we had great ride! Nick rode great. Due to the recent high winds light sand had built up on the trail in several areas making down hill sections very tricky. Nick was just the lucky guy leading when they were encountered.

Brian, good to hear from you. Looks like the Norcal Nutjobs are still going strong! Be great to hook up with you guys on a ride again.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Welcome back Blake!! :D

Reactions: Blake and maddawgj

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Blake. I do need to start crashing less, however nicely you put it. Correct on the tires and skid plates, littletommy. There’s still the major stock difference between the 2016 and 2017...silver tank stripe on the ‘16 and gold stripe on the ‘17. The 30th anniversary stripe. Yippie. Oh, and Blake’s got bar upgrade vs my risers. And diff handguards. And he’s jetted his bike, but you need a super sharp eye for that.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice, there’s something so great about looking at another TW on a ride. I used to have two other ones to ride with here and for some reason it just makes the ride better that they are also on a Dub.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Nice, there’s something so great about looking at another TW on a ride. I used to have two other ones to ride with here and for some reason it just makes the ride better that they are also on a Dub.
I think that you've hit the nail on the head! When you ride with a bunch of other TW's, the ride is never about the bikes since you all have basically the same bike. When you've got a mixed ride of KTM's, Honda XR's, Suzuki DRZ's, Kawasaki KLR's, etc., everyone tries to outdo the others to show that their bike choice is the best. TW group rides eliminate this need to compete, and allow you to instead enjoy the company of your fellow riders - which is priceless!

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Well said.
I think that you've hit the nail on the head! When you ride with a bunch of other TW's, the ride is never about the bikes since you all have basically the same bike. When you've got a mixed ride of KTM's, Honda XR's, Suzuki DRZ's, Kawasaki KLR's, etc., everyone tries to outdo the others to show that their bike choice is the best. TW group rides eliminate this need to compete, and allow you to instead enjoy the company of your fellow riders - which is priceless!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Blake & Nick-Digs-Cali,

How far is Hungry Valley from Santa Clarita?

I've only ridden HV a couple of times as Saddleback, Big Bear and the desert is closer to us here in Orange County / Riverside, but who knows we may make the hike up to meet up and ride out with you guys! We can be double twinsies as we have a '16 & '17.

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
Congratulations on formerly strangers getting together for a ride. As TW-Brian says enjoying the company of fellow riders is priceless. Sometimes the beginning of first ride together with someone new can seem awkward but this soon changes. I sure was shy & nervous on my first Cow Man Ride with the NoCal Nutjobs but since then I've had the pleasure of meeting and riding with countless other Members.
So you folks going to schedule a Double Twinsies ride soon?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi GCRAD1, Sounds good, come on up. HV is about 30 miles North of Santa Clarita. Lots of good riding in the OHV park and surrounding areas. I'm usually up there every 6 weeks or so. Was thinking of going up in the next week or two. Lets try to set up a ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks! Met up with forum member Blake this morning for a little fire road ride on his side of the valley. Got a good chuckle when I pulled up to see his 2016 TW200, almost a mirror image of my bike. We took a number of dirt roads and fire roads from Castaic to Valencia through the mountains. Lovely ride. I need to work on my downhill technique (slowing down first) as I washed out twice in loose dirt. Blake has upgraded springs in his front suspension, which he feels helps keep the weight transferring to the front wheel. I'm gonna give that upgrade a try. On coming down the mountain we dead-ended in a fenced in wash and had to do a hill climb up and around the fence. My T-Dub only made it half way before the rear tire dug a deep hole and got stuck. Blake helped me lift out of the hole and walk the bike up the last bit of hill. Then he stomped over the hill on his TW like a pro. Gotta say I'm lucky to have a more experienced rider to hit some trails with and help pull you out of a bad spot. We're looking to grow our little Santa Clarita Valley group, so if you're near by give us a holler. Here;s a couple of pictures from the day. Can you spot the differences between our TWs?

View attachment 145121

View attachment 145129
Looks awesome, unfortunately I'm in Japan so unable to join you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts