TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The bro and I took the Dubs to Wayne national forest today and I had my first dump. My front tire washed out on the powdery middle part of the path. Made it out with just a scratch on the casing and some hurt ego. Good times though.

This second vid is me bottoming out on some really soft ground. There was a tree that fell on the path so we went around. At the end, my bro says, “You’re the first!” We joked about who would be the first to wreck or lay the bikes down. I lost lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
True enough – when I got lumbered with a Kawasaki GT550 (new) – don’t ask – I refused to drop that bike through sheer force of will. Sold it one year later, 12k London despatch rider miles, not a mark on it. Some bikes you do not want to drop (I hated that heap of junk, and couldn’t wait to get shot of it)

The TW is more of a love affair, built from mutual respect, and every tiny scratch binds us together and tells a story. To date, we’ve both been lucky, with a small scratch on the tank caused by my boot, and a small scar on my shin to match

When those add up to the feeling of “oneness” – then you know you’re on the right bike

There will be more to come, it goes with the territory – motorcycling is a contact sport – but every mark on each of you tells a tale around the campfire …….

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True enough – when I got lumbered with a Kawasaki GT550 (new) – don’t ask – I refused to drop that bike through sheer force of will. Sold it one year later, 12k London despatch rider miles, not a mark on it. Some bikes you do not want to drop (I hated that heap of junk, and couldn’t wait to get shot of it)

The TW is more of a love affair, built from mutual respect, and every tiny scratch binds us together and tells a story. To date, we’ve both been lucky, with a small scratch on the tank caused by my boot, and a small scar on my shin to match

When those add up to the feeling of “oneness” – then you know you’re on the right bike

There will be more to come, it goes with the territory – motorcycling is a contact sport – but every mark on each of you tells a tale around the campfire …….
Here’s the up close.

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
The bro and I took the Dubs to Wayne national forest today and I had my first dump. My front tire washed out on the powdery middle part of the path. Made it out with just a scratch on the casing and some hurt ego. Good times though.

This second vid is me bottoming out on some really soft ground. There was a tree that fell on the path so we went around. At the end, my bro says, “You’re the first!” We joked about who would be the first to wreck or lay the bikes down. I lost lol.
Ah, may you enjoy your TW's and experience many more scratches...to the TW not you!:p

·
Registered
746 Posts
If you ain't scratchin it, you ain't ridin it.

Reactions: TWnoob

·
Registered
175 Posts
‘Twas inevitable. The old adage about the two types of motorcyclists is true... There are the ones who have wrecked and the one who are going to wreck. Glad you’re okay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been to Wayne 3 times this summer and have not seen another TW. Did you do the "1985" loop? It has a very fun hill climb at the end of it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been to Wayne 3 times this summer and have not seen another TW. Did you do the "1985" loop? It has a very fun hill climb at the end of it.
Im not sure what we did lol. We parked at the Dorr Run Sycamore trailhead and did the blue marker trail. It’s right off 33 in Haydenville.

We are definitely going back before the cold sets in.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts