TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Much like a Jeep Wrangler, if you don't ding up your TW a bit, you are doing something wrong...nothing worse than seeing a nice, clean, spotless Wrangler or TW... 😕

·
Registered
344 Posts
TWnoob
I feel your pain , the first scar hurts the most ..
I just spent eight days in the uwharrie forest . There were some gnarly trails !
I was proud to emerge without damage . Stopped some place and a kid knocked
Over the row of bikes domino style.
Bent clutch lever , broken GPS mount , torn seat , scratched plastic and bruised tank.
And I didn't even get to see it happen !!!!
Life's a bitch sometimes...
Mike from NC

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
TWnoob
I feel your pain , the first scar hurts the most ..
I just spent eight days in the uwharrie forest . There were some gnarly trails !
I was proud to emerge without damage . Stopped some place and a kid knocked
Over the row of bikes domino style.
Bent clutch lever , broken GPS mount , torn seat , scratched plastic and bruised tank.
And I didn't even get to see it happen !!!!
Life's a bitch sometimes...
Mike from NC
Ouch. Thought that kinda thing only happened in the movies lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ouch. Thought that kinda thing only happened in the movies lol
Nope it only takes six or seven bikes and one dumbass

Reactions: TWnoob

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bro and I took the Dubs to Wayne national forest today and I had my first dump. My front tire washed out on the powdery middle part of the path. Made it out with just a scratch on the casing and some hurt ego. Good times though.

This second vid is me bottoming out on some really soft ground. There was a tree that fell on the path so we went around. At the end, my bro says, “You’re the first!” We joked about who would be the first to wreck or lay the bikes down. I lost lol.

Have to remove those mirrors before riding trails. Unless you want an excuse to replace them, which is always nice 😉

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Have to remove those mirrors before riding trails. Unless you want an excuse to replace them, which is always nice 😉
I’m not a fan of the stock mirrors at all. I think you just gave me an idea! “Sorry honey, I gotta get new mirrors cause I somehow broke both of them on the trail.”

·
Registered
30 Posts
What camper is that? Was the mototote an add-on?
It's an Escapade teardrop (squaredrop), made to order in Minnesota. I included electric brakes and axle-less air spring suspension. It came with a rear receiver, where I attached the rack (purchased separately). The rack plus bike is pushing the receiver weight rating, so I installed anchors for reinforcing straps on the sides. I have a wireless backup cam, and it is rock steady.

It required two 7 gallon water jugs (~120 lbs) on the front storage rack to give adequate tongue weight for safe towing.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's an Escapade teardrop (squaredrop), made to order in Minnesota. I included electric brakes and axle-less air spring suspension. It came with a rear receiver, where I attached the rack (purchased separately). The rack plus bike is pushing the receiver weight rating, so I installed anchors for reinforcing straps on the sides. I have a wireless backup cam, and it is rock steady.

It required two 7 gallon water jugs (~120 lbs) on the front storage rack to give adequate tongue weight for safe towing.
That's exactly what I am looking for, I was zooming in on your pic and pulling up escapades website, I was wondering if they could set the rack up for the TW on the tongue?

Thanks for sharing, that's a rad setup!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts