TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just hit 1000kms this last week, and got the Dub in to the dealership for the first service.
Couldn't go to the same dealer that I purchased her from because they've shut their doors (Actually sold up to a South African chain and are now predominantly selling MV Augustas and a bunch of lesser-known Asian brands like Hyosung)

Anyhoo, got over to the second-closest Yamaha dealer, and dropped the Dub off for the first service. A few hours and less than US$5 later I have her back!
The engine feels a little more loose (in a good way) and everything else has been checked, tightened and adjusted and the guys seem really helpful and friendly.

Very happy, and having never modded anything seriously I wanted to get the first service done to make sure no immediate warranty gremlins popped up and that is now sorted, so...

EDIT:
Also saw the 2014 in blue, interesting, but I am glad mine is white.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Wow, 5 bucks for a service. We get robbed over here bro. They don't call them Stealerships for nothing.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
At $5 you are practically robbing them. I would never do my own service then. That's what a quart of oil costs!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe me I was surprised that it was so cheap, and the invoice reflects that I was just charged for the oil.

A few guys I work with who ride have said that some dealers offer a free service with a new bike, but in 4 new bikes I've never had the offer and I didn't go to the same dealership, but none the less, I am happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts