Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, a dusting on everything. :dispirited:

How about where you live?

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
We had an inch last week, but I'm looking at the Map and my old stomping grounds{back in the late 1970s} in the Wisconsin Northwoods around Tomahawk and other areas just north of Wausau, are getting hit with 8 inches to a foot today and tonight....then cold wave moves in...NOT ready for that just yet! :(

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember you said it had snowed Hoot. I'm not ready for it either, at all. I don't see anything but *30s for a high from here on out after today. I still have to get the HD to the car wash one last time and gas it up for storage. If it warms up enough today, I better try to get it done, starting get's iffy when it's in the 30's. I'll be mad at myself if I have to put it away dusty and without a good coat of wax this year. It's supposed to be around *10-*15 degrees every morning after today. I still have to take the awning/canopy down, and put away the outdoor furniture, gee I better git with it. :eek:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
61 and Sunshine today, bottom falls out by Wednesday here....after my Residential Housing {for disabled folks} board meeting, I'm riding this afternoon...it may be the last time until Moab beckons....:(

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Well tonight we are expecting our first "significant" snowfall...so far about and inch, with 3 or 4 more inches expected....Drivers are always nuts after the first snow of the year....so it should be interesting tomorrow during Rush Hour....which doesn't affect me....lol...

Here it is about 10 minutes ago, "Looking Out My Back Door"

First Snow 2014.jpg

Which leads me into Hi~Jacking this thread for a musical interlude::p

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Supposed to be 26F tomorrow morning and 16F Tuesday morning, but no precip, so dump a little anti-gel in the tanks and roll on.

·
Registered
601 Posts
zero snow in the UK yet.... We didn't get any last year at all which I was not impressed about as that's the reason I initially purchased my TW!!!

I'm hoping and praying for terrible snow this year/Earl next as the bike will be straight out!!!!

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
About 3/4{that should be 3 or 4 inches} inches overnight with ice underneath....closed about every school around, times have changed since I was in High School back in the 60s, this piss ant amount would even make a delay on the schedule.:p

Schools already cancelled and delayed for tomorrow...temps to drop below single digits with Wind Chills in the -10 range....this is Ohio for Gawd's Sake not Trollville in the damn Yukon....I'm ready to move back to the Everglades City Area for Nov through April....damn!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
3 am

just took dogs out and it is 78 degrees with a nice breeze

tomorrow should be the same as today just like yesterday ...

84 degees scattered clouds

:D

40 years up North in Vermont and I am done
You're not done. Sounds more like you're just getting started.

Weatherpeep was wrong about the precip, just enough of a dusting to make the Western Kentucky Parkway slick--one 4x4 or FWD after another into the barriers or grass for 200 miles. Supposed to go down to 12F tonight.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Saturday was deer season opening and this is the first one in decades where we had snow on the ground and 23 degrees. I never saw so many deer in my life on opening day but snow on the ground gives me a hundred more yards of good visibility.

Sitting here by my trust coal stove enjoying the warm heat before heading out if the wind slows down. My wife was born and raised between Albion and Brockport, NY. They are getting slammed right now with feets of lake effect snow and her brother was about a week or two behind being ready. He mowed the lawn for the last time on Friday and did not switch over to the snow blower yet.:( Good thing he has a neighbor with a plow.

This global warming crap is for the birds! I can remember many opening days of hunting season when I was swatting Mosquitos and we always played family touch football on Thanksgiving.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just saw on the news that today in all 50 states it is below 32* this morning.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
9.2 F at this moment with -11 Wind Chill Factor....I remember some crazy winters, but I don't believe I've seen it this bad for this long of streak in Mid November....even our 13,500 Acre "Pond" called Grand Lake is starting to Freeze Over....and again today all the area schools are shut down....Gonna Be a Long Global Warming Winter :cool:

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
9.2 F at this moment with -11 Wind Chill Factor....I remember some crazy winters, but I don't believe I've seen it this bad for this long of streak in Mid November....even our 13,500 Acre "Pond" called Grand Lake is starting to Freeze Over....and again today all the area schools are shut down....Gonna Be a Long Global Warming Winter :cool:
Sounds like your area "as well as most of the country" are experiencing "climate change"! We should have listened to Al Gore! I think I will go fire up the old Ford and just let it run till it's out of gas. Hey I am doing my part to put this whole warming thing in motion.

Hoot you must be a "climate weirding" denier:D Yes that is a thing now!

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hoot you must be a "climate weirding" denier:D Yes that is a thing now!

You can include me in there too! Sadly though me, hoot and a bunch of others went to school when they still taught a subject called History. We learned back in those stone age days that this earth has been going through freezes and warm ups since the very beginning and long before man ever discovered fire and fossil fuels. We also learned that a good belch from a volcano can wipe out billions of dollars worth of global warming regulations in a few short minutes.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 43 Posts