TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a little road ride I did into Hatcher pass. first road ride of the year. its so amazing to feel tge warm weather again. a few big avalanches buried the road about eighteen feet deep. you can see it in one of the pics. people still skiing up there. down in tge valley the snow is mostly gone but up here it hangs around for a long time and some of tge roads arent open till July. saw one other motorcycle out.

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Wow, great pictures.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Summer is not until near the end of June - so there is still hope for some spring riding.
I get all excited to see some blue sky and then go outside and see all the dark menacing clouds around that patch of blue sky.
Go back inside a try to decide should I risk going for that ride.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i have had enough of winter.
Headed west May 3 to somewhere warmer.
Planning on the NMBDR (temps permitting) and then further west.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yesterday, I put 2 gals. of 91 octane in my TW, and checked the tire pressure It started right up, idled and I went for about an hour ride here in Colorado. Took advantage of a warm day. Its supposed to snow again on Friday. The first ride of the season puts life in perspective again.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If I lived in Tulsa I would be out riding too. Even a warm rain I could deal with that. Thinking of heading out south soon.

I seen a lot of dry dusty weather in Utah. I miss the tropical rain on the Pacific islands I enjoyed in my youth.

Well yesterday a wind storm/cold front was forecasted for the state. The news as always reminded people to put yard items away. I woke up to thousands of pieces of trash in the trees, bushes, and lawn through my area of the town. What a mess!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Summer is not until near the end of June - so there is still hope for some spring riding.
I get all excited to see some blue sky and then go outside and see all the dark menacing clouds around that patch of blue sky.
Go back inside a try to decide should I risk going for that ride.

When I see that kind of weather I drink a beer and rethink the plan.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Way cool, I see a shadow this morning. Showers on the way. Oh well, paperwork to do after losing my aunt. Bank, IRS, property, emptying the house, oh my! Will take it as I can. Dreams of getting out and riding are a ways off. Oops, shadows just left. Yesterday I was chasing a cloud shadow on the highway, 40mph. Is calm today.

Hope to get things taken care of and off my mind. Hope to make the east Oregon ride on father's day and head for Alaska last week of June. fishing gets going first part of July. I heard that the King run is the biggest in several years. Nice fish, but the sockeye are the best eating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts