TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
55 and sunshine...put the temp tags on the New 2014 that I hauled home from Toledo...rode it the block or so to the Country Fairground Entrance, where they are having a RV show set up for this weekend....I rode for a half hour or so...at various speeds on various surfaces....pavement getting to the grounds, some loose stone on pavement, mud and gravel, and some light sand and stone trails....the Mercer County Fairgrounds, while not huge, is big enough and diverse enough, road~wise to make it interesting....didn't get above 35mph, but found out couple of things I will work on this weekend....rear brake is way too mushy for my taste, and the clutch is like wise, will have to tighten both up. Otherwise it took me a few minutes to get used to 5 gears instead of 6, but the experience and weather were basically perfect for her maiden run....I would have stayed longer, but got a High School Baseball game to umpire, and need to get ready for that....but will keep informed of progress{or lack of} on this thread, as the Spring warms up, and I get used to my new "toy" :icon_colors:

tw first ride 004.JPG tw first ride 003.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
that is a nice color! makes me want to ride too.....oh wait, I am riding in the Sierra Nevada range tomorrow! :cool:

·
Registered
592 Posts
For the break in period I wouldn't lug around slowly to much. Get her out in the country and get her going through all the gears at different rpms. I'm not saying beat her. But ride her good!

Also I did my first oil change on my new tw at 100 miles. I found allot of metal shavings on my oil filter. I'm very glad I didn't wait till 600 miles. I just did my second oil change at 300 miles. Still metal shavings, but no where neer as bad as first one.

When changing your oil and filter your bike will need 1 Quart 5 ounces just like my 2013 tw

You will see that in your owners manual as 1.16 US Quarts

Enjoy your tw....she's beautiful!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hoot, you need to take that new bike out in the gravel driveway, put the kick stand up, and slam that thing down on each side. It will no longer be a virgin and you will be ready to give it hell!!!!
Mel

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I must admit, I don't recognize that bike. It's toooooooo clean to really recognize. But that blue color is really a great look.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks like you have it going your way!
When you get a new helmet always drop it on the lawn/ground/terra or whatever before you wear it for good luck. It's worked for me over the years so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts