TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock '09. 68 miles and 0.66 Gal. Seems unreal. I am at approx. 900' elevation and temps in the low 80's. Cruising mostly gravel with a bit of black top averaging 40 to 50 mph. Everybody else getting mileage like this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I figured roughly 72 MPG over my first 2 tanks. I have a spreadsheet to track it, so will be able to post more accurate MPG over time.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Stock '09. 68 miles and 0.66 Gal. Seems unreal. I am at approx. 900' elevation and temps in the low 80's. Cruising mostly gravel with a bit of black top averaging 40 to 50 mph. Everybody else getting mileage like this?
My best couple of tanks mpg wise were around 100mpg, so you're not alone. I was similarly astonished.

With varied city, highway, and dirt miles I typically run anywhere from 70-90mpg.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I have a few bikes and numbers are hard to keep track of but I believe that there is 1.3 gallons before hitting a .5 gallon reserve. I hit reserve anywhere from 75-100 miles. So I get something like 55-75 mpg. This is likely to be a lot lower is you only ride offroad. With my three dual sports I hit reserve around 90 miles so I can comfortably get 100 miles off of a single tank on any of my bikes. Funny how all the different sized tanks all have to be refilled at the same time.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I never take my TW200 over 35 mph because I don't have to. Running in 5th gear at 35 mph and under on asphalt and gravel roads I am well north of 100 mpg.

You want to go faster? Buy a cheap second bike on Craigslist.

But not everyone lives in a small valley in rural northern Nevada. Haven't seen another car in quite a few days. And don't want to.

My TW200 is geared about the same as my vintage John Deere. Maybe I'll start using it to pull tree stumps out of the ground even with the 15-50 sprockets.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. I'm really amazed at the mileage. I was not riding it with intentions of getting high mileage either!

·
Registered
278 Posts
My Brother and I took a ride up to Sonora pass a couple weeks ago (3000' to 9624').
116 miles ...... 1.1 gal gas
Looks like over 100 mpg

Bikes were really starving for air the last 2000 feet but both ran great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts