TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty folks! Just wanted to share a video of my first off-road adventure with the Tdub. Closest ive gotten to "off-roading" before this was a little forestry track so this was a big step up. Excuse the noises after the first puddle but its the first muddy puddle ive ever ridden through so was hard to contain the excitement :D Absolutely loved every second of it and enormously proud of my little 125 Tdub as i really wasn't expecting it to cope as well as it did. Totally hooked and found a few more spots to play in the dirt, so hoping to make more videos, feel free to subscribe ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice video and looks like it was a lot of fun! Those tall heavy dual sports would of had a rough time of it. Ya did good!

BTW my wife and I read several of the Peter May murder novels and really wanted to move to Scotland :)

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Looks like lots of fun!! :D Good job brother!!

Reactions: Ken and squirrel

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!! The scenery definitely wasnt too sore on the eyes ;) and to be honest it wasnt really stressful at all, really enjoyed the mental challenge of it and its so different to regular road riding. Pretty sure that spot is someones little offroading playground and ill need to figure out who it belongs to and bribe them with whisky... Although it took me a year to come across that particular spot i've now figured out a way of finding wee dirt roads using ordinance survey maps and if i stick to forestry commission land im unlikely to bother or get bothered by anyone. Thats the downside of trail riding in Scotland, every little bit of land belongs to someone, so you need to be considerate with your route choices and its best to go with forestry land as they are the most relaxed about it as long as youre not leaving a mess behind.

Looks like fun, what a great set of tracks you can enjoy. Are those the Bridgestone 203/204 tires? How do you like them?
Yup stock tires, think they did ok in the dry stuff considering i was going rather slow but the front felt a bit sketchy on a couple of occasions, specially in the mud. Looking to replace the front with either a K60 Scout or similar and trying to track one down.

I love your narration. It supports the visual very well and I got a laugh out of it. You should search for my U200 water crossing YouTube video and try to avoid my mistakes. I had fun watching your vid.
Thanks! Will be sure to check it out, cant beat youtube as a learning resource :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts