1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Fun Fun Fun Great looking bike too! :D

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Thanks - I am a huge fan of the desert tan / camel tan and it was easy to do. The OEM 1992 colors are just...well, not for me.
We have similar thoughts on both the color and riding in the snow! I even leave mud on my engine to keep with the sand colored theme. :p

My 2015 TW just got repainted from it's stock color's to sand. I just haven't taken pictures of it yet. Sand in the snow, blends right in don't it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
where in MN are you, I live in west central MN west of Alexandria out in the flat prairies which has a lot of farm roads and very little traffic. More John Deere's than cars.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
P1000797.JPG
We have similar thoughts on both the color and riding in the snow! I even leave mud on my engine to keep with the sand colored theme. :p

My 2015 TW just got repainted from it's stock color's to sand. I just haven't taken pictures of it yet. Sand in the snow, blends right in don't it!
This is too nice. As I painted my jeep Desert sand after the military color and was thinking of doing one of my TW's, now I know I am. Looks great. Will have to put some cav numbers on though.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where in MN are you, I live in west central MN west of Alexandria out in the flat prairies which has a lot of farm roads and very little traffic. More John Deere's than cars.
I am west of the cities, near Hollywood MN. Rural, lots of farm, minimum maintenance, and gravel roads - no state ORV trails down here though :(

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 25598

This is too nice. As I painted my jeep Desert sand after the military color and was thinking of doing one of my TW's, now I know I am. Looks great. Will have to put some cav numbers on though.
Cav number idea - I'll be #3, you and admiral can fight over who will be #1 and #2.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
So many TW riders put away their bikes in the winter, good for you bro!! ;)

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
More snow today, 2nd time out in the white stuff. This TW really works well.

Having grown up in Minnesota I know it can get a tad chilly, but it's great to see the enthusiasm of a fellow TW owner who likes to ride in the snow! :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok - got out again, what a blast.

I installed the Acerbis tank on the back, I have yet to hook it up to the fuel system.

I also installed hand guards - what a HUGE improvement for cold weather driving - my hands were toasty warm.

Something important is missing from my bike, it fell of during my ride - can you see it?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Ok - got out again, what a blast.

I installed the Acerbis tank on the back, I have yet to hook it up to the fuel system.

I also installed hand guards - what a HUGE improvement for cold weather driving - my hands were toasty warm.

Something important is missing from my bike, it fell of during my ride - can you see it?

I do not see your brake reservoir!

Never mind! Drum brake up front:(

Tom

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish I had disc brakes up front! The more I drive the 1992, the more I notice the poor braking system.

Hint, the missing part was on the back of the bike, you might need to click on the image and make it bigger to see. (I feel like an idiot, $15 bucks - poof, gone).

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I wish I had disc brakes up front! The more I drive the 1992, the more I notice the poor braking system.

Hint, the missing part was on the back of the bike, you might need to click on the image and make it bigger to see. (I feel like an idiot, $15 bucks - poof, gone).
Is it your cargo net? I assumed you removed that after adding the tank.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
The gas cap for the tank in back. I was going to say a mirror, until you said the back.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
littletommy got it. I forgot to tighten the gas cap on the Acerbis tank before I took off. I spent 1/2 hr looking for it - no luck. $15 on Amazon, lesson learned.

Yes, the mirrors are also missing, but placed nicely on my work bench.

On a good note, I took the TW down a tar road today, hit 65 mph and still had a few MPH to go.

Have a good one.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts