TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got all my parts in!! I'm putting in new clutch plates and heavy duty springs. I put the plates in oil yesterday so they have been soaking for a good 24 hrs. Any other tips or tools I will need before I start the process. I have the new gasket and the old one is off and I think I'm ready to go, I just have never done this before and would appreciate help from you great people.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Help I put it back together and the clutch is not connected somehow when I pull in the clutch lever the plates don't expand or move at all .

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I've never done it myself, but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From what I've heard is that's a very important adjustment that needs to be done correctly.. Should be covered in the manual......... I'm sure a pro will chime in soon and tell you the secret.... Sorry I can't be more useful. OMM.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I got it figured out with some help, but I took it for a test run after I got everything put back together and it was much better. Engagement is crisp and snappy. The bike feels rejuvenated. Steering head bearings are next.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Wish I could have helped....never have replaced a clutch before . What was the resolve on your post #7 & #8 if you don't mind. At some point this year , I hope to be putting a kickstarter on mine and will need to know these things .TIA

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Post #7 that nut-washer can't be tight or the clutch won't open. So I backed it off and just messed around with pulling in the clutch and adjusting a little. Now it is more responsive I like the heavy duty springs.
A new set of Moose steering head bearings went on tonight and I didn't need any emergency help. I used the hang the handlebars and crap from the ceiling method. Worked good I only had to unhook the front brake, total time was 2 hours. If your steering is notchy at all it is well worth the $40. Thanks again to the people who took the time to take pictures and explain the process.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts