TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody

Just bought my first bike last week (1989 TW200) and I am officially obsessed!!! I grew up riding dirt bikes and have been wanting a bike to run around town for a very long time, so this little beast is perfect for me. Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the forum and ask for your honest opinions/advice.

The bike has been pretty stripped down and kind of has a "tracker" look to it. It really is a blank canvas for me right now. I got it for a pretty reasonable price, so I'm ready to put some hard earned bread into this baby and really make her mine. So far I will be doing the following: adding fork boots, new rear LEDs, new indicator LEDs, vinyl wrapping the gas tank, digital tach/speedo, new stator (only mechanical issue currently known.)

What would you guys change/add to this bike in the current style it is in?

Thanks in advance for your input
00D0D_iLNHXP83zx3_600x450.jpg 00K0K_irDWnJUiLRl_600x450.jpg 00000_aEVt5cOGacG_600x450.jpg 01717_akwzAz8FKRE_600x450.jpg 00808_3pdLizHBkoA_600x450.jpg

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Hello and welcome! You have a pretty clean canvas to start with, do some reading here, plenty of threads covering almost anything you would want to do with her.

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Don't forget an air filter as tooling around town you might suck up a lot of admiring glances into that classic motor.:)
Looks good and wishing you a big welcome.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi motobandit: Unless you are planning on riding tandem, I'd remove the rear footpegs and brackets. Anyone on the rear will be crisped real quick with that set up.

·
Registered
13,807 Posts
Welcome,

and to add what dogonit has said, if you plan to keep it street and not trail, I think it would be cool to move/change exhaust location to run lower like they do in Japan. Also, if I had a street version TW, I'd like to put ape hanger type (not too high) handle bars and a large bicycle looking seat. Sort of make it look like a ridgid frame, maybe loosing the rear seat supports. Hey, we can dream can't we!

Hope you enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Admiral probably just likes it because it too has the Admiral's Desert Storm sand colored frame.;)

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd pick up a non-dented older street bike tank and fab up some mounts.

I'd flat black the frame and everything else.

Higher bars, for sure, and ditto on a low exhaust.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Drag bars, rearsets, café seat, low pipe, bore and stroke to 267cc, o-ring chain, gel grips, microsquirt, 7-inch headlight, triple discs, black and chrome, and ride it like I stole it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts