TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody

Just bought my first bike last week (1989 TW200) and I am officially obsessed!!! I grew up riding dirt bikes and have been wanting a bike to run around town for a very long time, so this little beast is perfect for me. Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the forum and ask for your honest opinions/advice.

The bike has been pretty stripped down and kind of has a "tracker" look to it. It really is a blank canvas for me right now. I got it for a pretty reasonable price, so I'm ready to put some hard earned bread into this baby and really make her mine. So far I will be doing the following: adding fork boots, new rear LEDs, new indicator LEDs, vinyl wrapping the gas tank, digital tach/speedo, new stator (only mechanical issue currently known.)

What would you guys change/add to this bike in the current style it is in?

Thanks in advance for your input
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motorcycle Asphalt Road Moped
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Vehicle Bicycle Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Tire

·
Registered
22,193 Posts
Don't forget an air filter as tooling around town you might suck up a lot of admiring glances into that classic motor.:)
Looks good and wishing you a big welcome.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi motobandit: Unless you are planning on riding tandem, I'd remove the rear footpegs and brackets. Anyone on the rear will be crisped real quick with that set up.

·
Super Moderator
15,005 Posts
Welcome,

and to add what dogonit has said, if you plan to keep it street and not trail, I think it would be cool to move/change exhaust location to run lower like they do in Japan. Also, if I had a street version TW, I'd like to put ape hanger type (not too high) handle bars and a large bicycle looking seat. Sort of make it look like a ridgid frame, maybe loosing the rear seat supports. Hey, we can dream can't we!

Hope you enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
22,193 Posts
Admiral probably just likes it because it too has the Admiral's Desert Storm sand colored frame.;)

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd pick up a non-dented older street bike tank and fab up some mounts.

I'd flat black the frame and everything else.

Higher bars, for sure, and ditto on a low exhaust.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Drag bars, rearsets, café seat, low pipe, bore and stroke to 267cc, o-ring chain, gel grips, microsquirt, 7-inch headlight, triple discs, black and chrome, and ride it like I stole it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts