TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been wanting to hit the trails since I got my bike a couple months ago but just hadn't made it happen until tonight. I went out on the trails but I was not ready for the serious stuff. Some incline/decline areas looked way dangerous, as in go over the hillside and lay in a valley for a week. I don't have the guts or skill for that just yet. I did find a nice little area with whoop-de-dos and ring-a-dings some fun high-walled banks. The whoops were my favorite part. I was hardcore grinning when I pulled back onto the butter-soft pavement. feelsgood.gif

I'm budgeting for a gopro, so I might have some video of my next time out in the forest.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had been wanting to hit the trails since I got my bike a couple months ago but just hadn't made it happen until tonight. I went out on the trails but I was not ready for the serious stuff. Some incline/decline areas looked way dangerous, as in go over the hillside and lay in a valley for a week. I don't have the guts or skill for that just yet. I did find a nice little area with whoop-de-dos and ring-a-dings some fun high-walled banks. The whoops were my favorite part. I was hardcore grinning when I pulled back onto the butter-soft pavement. feelsgood.gif

I'm budgeting for a gopro, so I might have some video of my next time out in the forest.

Up/down hill ridding can be intimidating. Find yourself a nice short but steep spot like a ditch bank next to a road to practice on. Ride up and down until you get comfortable - keep off the front brake at low speeds down hill - then find less steep but longer down-hills/up-hills and increase your comfort zone. And enjoy the adrenalin rush!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I went up there with a buddy over the weekend. Just keep riding the little mule, and having fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts