TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
What a great RR from a pioneer who sounds like he would have loved our 13hp! I love that he speaks so highly of his little engine. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Great story

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a little bump for those of you who didn't see this last time. It's definitely worth the read, especially if you're still weathered in.

·
Registered
269 Posts
So this is the fellow who started the custom of taking a picture of the motorcycle stuck upright in sand or mud. I would love to have seen the photos. Very interesting read!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Well Mr. George A. Wyman has just made the top of my hero list. I love reading of these guys exploits,Check out

Robert Fulton

Carl Stearns Clancy

Ted Simon

Cannonball Baker

Lois Pryce

Emilio Scotto

These people lived the dream, and wrote about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if any of you have netflix there is a documentary on Dr. Horatio Jackson's (mentioned in the first paragraph) first cross country automobile trip. Both are really impressive stories...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Bump for those who haven't yet seen George Wyman's story (post #1). Or, if you're getting older like me all you have to do is give it a little time and it's just like you never read it.:D I think in more modern times George would've picked a TW to make his ride.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
What a neat story. Love a man that can take that kind of hardship and perservere. Sure humbles modern man with all the comforts of help at the end of your fingers.

Would be kind of neat to start a relay around our great nation and do a ride report as the baton is passed from one group to another. Taking the roads less traveled would be quite a story in it's self as we snaked here and there across the nation and back.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've bicycled across the US twice (slow learner). But not on railroad tracks!!!:blob10:

Wouldn't he have loved a TW, wouldn't you love to be able to turn back the clock and do the ride (but I'll take the TW on it, not a bicycle!!)

Excellent read, thanks for putting it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts