TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,738 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would give you mine but we are about as far apart as you can be in the lower 48.....I am old and short and fat and it is actually difficult for me to swing my leg up and over the rack especially if I have a pack on it....so I usually just ride with a small back pack...on my back...you will love your bike.....

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Welcome Redtail, I have 3 cycleracks racks on our TWs. 2 with the hump and one without the hump. If I could I would change all mine to the humpless one.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome from British Columbia, Canada!

I really like my Manracks utility rack which is small and strong and suits my needs for day travels. Many like the larger Cycleracks and Happy Trails racks for their larger platform, good for longer adventures and bigger loads.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Manracks is the best rack in the world. Everyone should put a Manrack on their TW. Nobody should get any other rack for their TW but the Manrack. If you really want to be cool (not as doing a wheelie while flashing a peace sign and smoking a cigarette), get the rack with the attachment for the fuel jug).

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hey, Redtail...welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
$3,799 for a 2019! Is that a normal price for a brand new - new year model from a dealer? Was that before all the dealer add-ons?
If that's a fairly typical deal for new I think I'll stop looking at used models.

·
Registered
209 Posts
On occasion you can get a current year TW with only a couple hundred miles that was used by the State during licensing exams …...that was never sold ( retitled ) and can be sold as a new bike for around $3800....by the local dealer..but they are few and far between and those aware of the program will frequently have offers made even before they are on the market..

Does this happen to be a demo ???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$3,799 for a 2019! Is that a normal price for a brand new - new year model from a dealer? Was that before all the dealer add-ons?
If that's a fairly typical deal for new I think I'll stop looking at used models.
It was before the add-ons, it was 4382.83 out the door. The tax alone was 350.00, NYS taxes are ridiculous.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Congrats and welcome. You have chosen wisely. I have a cycleracks.com rear rack and love it. But as stated before, do research to find the rack YOU like best. Size, shape, style to fit YOUR needs. And if you do decide to build your own, there are plenty of good folk here that can assist with that as well.
Good Journeys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the welcomes and advice for the rear rack, I think I'll go with one of the Manracks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts