TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Anyone tried mounting a piece of pvc or similar on the front fork to hold a fishing rod? I'm open to other ideas as well.
I use this to carry a rifle in a soft case, would work well for a fishing rod. Before I made the upper mount which is attached to the rack I just rested the butt end of the rifle on the turn signal and secured it with a short bungy, worked real well and didn't snag on anything due to the angle.

· Registered
255 Posts
That is a good idea. Is that just a piece of black PVC with an end cap? How do you attach it to the foot peg?
A piece of 3inch abs drain pipe with the end cap glued on. There is a drain hole drilled in the bottom. The pipe is attached to the frame with two black zip ties after drilling holes in the appropriate spot on the pipe. Holds the rifle on very well and has never come loose. The pipe partialy rests on the footpeg which helps support the weight. This setup does make putting the kickstand down a bit of a pita but nothing I can't live with.

· Registered
256 Posts
I just use a telescoping rod/reel combo and stick that, with all of my gear in a tackle bag. Fits nicely inside my trunk. I think I paid like $30 or so for the rod/reel. Here's a picture of it after riding to my used-to-be favorite fishing spot.

Dan

· Registered
2,171 Posts
I use this to carry a rifle in a soft case, would work well for a fishing rod. Before I made the upper mount which is attached to the rack I just rested the butt end of the rifle on the turn signal and secured it with a short bungy, worked real well and didn't snag on anything due to the angle.

Your a pretty creative fellow Gunship. Your footpegs are on the Wiki site, and that rack is pretty clever. Gerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.