TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on doing more fishing this year and getting to spots i couldnt get to with my truck, i need some ideas for mounting a rod or 2 with out to much hassle. any pictures or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I like taking my Mitchell Outback Pro pack rod along, nice and compact. I've probably had mine for about 20 years now. Here's a pic of one like it:

$_35.JPG

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
I use telescopic rods with reels and tackle intact and assembled collapsed in my backpack. The action is not as lively as a two piece or one piece but sure is fast and convenient for local trout fishing. I have seen pvc tubes mounted under subframe holding take-down rods and a few sectional fly rods in soft cases that could be strapped across handlebars.

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Nice fish Ronny, no wonder you need a big trailer to haul everything home.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Great question and Ideas....I plan on using the new 2014 for not only remote {somewhat} fishing, but also on warmer/ sunny days to haul my umpire gear to games {less than 30 miles away}...that is why I pre purchased the rear rack...big enough for my ump gear and fishing...I like the tube Idea in the original photo however for hauling poles....

:cool:

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
TWs and remote fishing is what it's all about for me. Up here in the NY Catskills we have lots of nice trout streams with hard to reach back sections few guys ever hike in to. The browns and rainbows ever go much over 20 inches and the brookies might be monsters at around 15 inches. I use a 4 piece ultra light rod by Silstar and a Daiwa XIA 1500 real with 4 pound test. Boy is it fun when I hook a good one and he/she has a fighting chance. I attached a plastic milk crate on the rear cycle rack that my 35 pound Brittany fishing pal rides in and I always take a small cooler with ice for a couple brews and the fish on the way home. I have a wife who does good things for fresh caught trout and a fishing pal dog who won't allow me to leave home without her.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Ideal setup for an ideal day out.I'ld need a sidecar to take my dogs out, but then I would have to buy them doggles.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I've broken way too many rods while transporting on motorcycles. Investing in a top-of-the-line pack rod preserves some good action, but the more sections, the harder it is to find good feel. I mostly fish ultralight and I have a couple rods small enough to fit in 3-inch PVC pipe if the reel is removed.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
I've broken way too many rods while transporting on motorcycles. Investing in a top-of-the-line pack rod preserves some good action, but the more sections, the harder it is to find good feel. I mostly fish ultralight and I have a couple rods small enough to fit in 3-inch PVC pipe if the reel is removed.
See if you can find a Jason Mitchell, Elite Series, light action pack rod qwerty. I prefer ultra light rods but this one is a very nice feel at 6' 4" and brakes down to 4 pieces at 20 inches long when packed. I don't find any loss of action and that is hard with four piece rods. Jason Mitchell is not associated with Garcia Mitchell.

GaryL

·
Registered
583 Posts
The bottom 2'' PVC tube holds my 4 piece rod. Reel and tackle store in my top box. Easy- peasy and cheap. Pretty sure you could easily attach one to a Cyclerack.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts