TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Friends,

Fell into the first time buyer trap and bought myself a dodgy TW 125, in my defence I was seduced by the looks, long story short the engine has exploded and I have found a 2003 engine with 12k miles, can I fit this into my 2000 TW? Does someone have experience with this?
Thanks!

Duncan

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
welcome to the forum.

for such a fugly bike (borrowed from joemama) they are quite fantastic.

bummer about your intro to the tdub world. are you sure your engine is toast? usually easier to repair than replace.
the 2003 will fit in just fine, however it has a different charging system. 55w vs 35w for the 2000. you'll need to swap the left side cover and stator onto your 2003 and it should be good to go. it's been done many times, including with tw125 to tw200, and tw200 to xt225 and ttr225 swaps.

lots of friendly people on here can offer help.

good luck.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
welcome to the forum.

for such a fugly bike (borrowed from joemama) they are quite fantastic.

bummer about your intro to the tdub world. are you sure your engine is toast? usually easier to repair than replace.
the 2003 will fit in just fine, however it has a different charging system. 55w vs 35w for the 2000. you'll need to swap the left side cover and stator onto your 2003 and it should be good to go. it's been done many times, including with tw125 to tw200, and tw200 to xt225 and ttr225 swaps.

lots of friendly people on here can offer help.

good luck.
This may not be the case, his is a TW125.

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
The 2000 TW125 is a DE01 model – which has four clutch plates – shares rear drum brake with TW200

The 2003 TW125 is a DE05 model – which has five clutch plates – larger rear drum shared with the TW225

There are a few other “tweaks” to the frame (swinging arm, chain length etc) – but no other change between the two engines – so it’s a straight swap …..

Welcome to the board ….. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts