TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounted onto fork with Roll Bar Mount and a ball swivel off an old tripod.

IMG_20170314_140251-4.jpg

IMG_20170314_140458-3.jpg

IMG_20170314_145417-3.jpg

Unfortunately the video recording was very shaky :(
The camera seems to be rattling in the waterproof case.
I think I'll try some extra foam in there tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice video! I may be way off but I was wondering if the wavy video might be interference from the electrical.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tried again today with foam inside the case, pretty much the same :(

Oh well, I have a chest mount on its way from china :rolleyes: Should be ok without the screen in summer.
Also waiting on a 90 degree mount for helmet mounting.
I hope they are better quality than the flat mounts that arrived today.

IMG_20170315_151955-2.jpg

IMG_20170315_152213-2.jpg

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
Tried again today with foam inside the case, pretty much the same :(
Oh well, I have a chest mount on its way from china :rolleyes: Should be ok without the screen in summer.
Also waiting on a 90 degree mount for helmet mounting.
I hope they are better quality than the flat mounts that arrived today.

View attachment 87129

View attachment 87137

I have fiddled with camera mounts with various camera's over the years and have generally come to the conclusion they suck when mounted to a TW. The vibration frequency causes waves in the picture like your video shows.

I have a SJ4000 which I call a "FakePro" aka GoPro. I have determined the best location for the camera is on the helmet. It's hard to tell if my FakePro is ON or OFF unless I can see the back screen. No remote for my version of FakePro.

My mounts are extremely similar to yours and I have used a combination of the pieces to affix the mount to the frontal mouthpiece area of my helmet. This camera locations kind of hides the camera (I dislike them mounted on top of a helmet as I'm not a Spartan or Trogan Warrior) and I can see the screen.

My FakePro does resonably well and I switched recording with it along with my ION camera at the Boonville Gathering.

Keep on experiementing and you'll soon dicide what you like.

Thanks for sharing your video!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Over the years I've had several action cams. They've all had vibration issues except for the latest GoPro 5 black. I've mounted it on my handlebars and it's extremely smooth compared to the others. Now I just wish I had a faster computer download, edit and upload videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts