TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about how to make me more visible in traffic, I thought about the flashing/stroboscopic light bicyclist are using, so I went to Wallyworld and found this bicycle light that is actually one of this new AAA flashlights with a circuit that makes it also do a flashing effect. It came with a nice mount that fitted perfectly on the turn signal base:

IMG_1374[1].JPG IMG_1373[1].JPG

I still don't know how long do the batteries last in the strobe mode. Also, the flashlight can be taken off easy and used as a regular flashlight. Very convenient!!!

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
I'm torn.:torn: Appears to make sense from a safety point if you want to be seen.

But I hate those &%&^%&* flashing headlights. Makes me think a cop is coming and I should pull over. Could be dangerous trying to find a place to pull over quickly, then find out it's a regular bike. Plus, if like my mom, I had epilepsy, a flashing strobe type light could send her into a seizure. Could pose a danger if she was allowed to drive, probably not that great even if she's only a passenger either.

But, I guess they work!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Headlight modulators in my state are legal but any kind of accessory strobe of any color is a no-no on a motorcycle or car while in motion.

I've got some SOLAS reflective tape on my headlight cowling and some other parts of my bike.

Examples Below

backflash.jpg

lit_blog.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which State? I'm in Florida and will have to research the law about it, though our MC instructor uses them but only during the day light hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts