TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. Was just wondering what y'all do to fix a flat while on a trip . An what you keep on the bike patch kit air pump ect. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
470 Posts
I carry a front and rear tube, a patch kit, a cheap electric 12V pump, some rim protectors and a set of lightweight combo levers.

Total weight for both levers combined is 5oz.

I usually have my bicycle seat bag too in case I see a stranded cyclist. It has a CO[SUB]2[/SUB] inflator in it.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
Excellent flat kit. My problem is breaking the rear bead even home at the shop. I have heard a nice smear of talcum powder between rim and tire prevents or lessens bonding of rubber to rim. Anyone try this or have better solution?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have another set of levers from motion pro that have built in bead breakers. They work well, albeit slowly. I used them to break the beads on my KTM990 tires.

If you get some be aware that they come in (at least) two varieties, long iron ones, and short aluminum ones. I have both and prefer the short aluminum ones for keeping on the bike.

Also, they can be had for far less than Motion Pro's $75 MSRP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the info where did those aluminum bead tools come from I need to invest in a set . Also a good parts source on the net. There's not a dealer in my town, thanks richard

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts