TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Im sure many people are already aware of this, but since i hadnt seen it before i thought it couldnt hurt to post. Might be a real lifesaver for someone someday.
Enjoy
That just might come in handy when I'm by myself, in the middle of nowhere, and have my TW buried in a mud hole.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
that's a lot of tension on that rope, it would depend on how big your rig and how stuck. i've been stuck several times where i used everything at my disposal to get out, including sticks, logs, rocks, floor mats, other drivers passing by and my own two feet (walking several miles). i'd be ready to use this technique.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Nice, not sure if I’ll remember to pack a saw to cut the four pieces of wood, something to hammer the stakes into the ground, sufficient heavy rope plus some light cordage though. It is a clever technique though. Besides the exertion entailed may help fight off hypothermia or boredom at the very least.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
A simple rope and a couple of pulleys on the Tdub would probably get it out of anything. Add that technique to it and it would really pop out.

·
Registered
684 Posts
that's a lot of tension on that rope, it would depend on how big your rig and how stuck. i've been stuck several times where i used everything at my disposal to get out, including sticks, logs, rocks, floor mats, other drivers passing by and my own two feet (walking several miles). i'd be ready to use this technique.
Wesley got my truck stuck last year. It has a 10,000 lb winch but he was in the middle of a field. It took two tractors to get him out. I do not think the flip flop would have work. You would need a realy long and big rope. My truck weighs about 6,000 lb.
It might get the TW up a hill. I do not think I will ever get in deep enough mud to need that around here.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
I like the 500lb winch which runs off the portable grill.
Or this may look familiar who rode <oab’s Hell’s Revenge.

However a 2-ton Come-along remains a fairly compact $20 hand powered tool good enough to pluck a TW out of may a distressing situation. 22980641_amg_amg72a_pri_larg.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts