TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a few clips strung together from a ride on Monday checking out the water level. Might need to get myself a jet ski if this keeps up.

First road closed sign is about here where there was a golf course:
https://goo.gl/maps/1za9Wn61xuegewtd9

Second clip picks up right at the entrance to the marina on the left:
https://goo.gl/maps/Wfh3ow92fW4FSqF29

As for the video quality being kinda garbage, I'm still adjusting to the new workflow. I need to work on the final transcoding before uploading to YouTube if nothing else. The source looks much better than this. Those clips came from three [email protected] 3.6G clips, exported to a 6.1G final, then transcoded down to 600Mb or so for upload.

Also going to disable the image stabilization feature on the cam, since it looks a bit weird and unnatural. Cam settings are going to switch from [email protected] stabilized to [email protected] unstabilized. Exporting from 2k to 1080 should look better in the end.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
"...As for where the humans went, we aren't allowed to talk about that..."

Ummm...why? And who is 'not allowing' it?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
"...As for where the humans went, we aren't allowed to talk about that..."

Ummm...why? And who is 'not allowing' it?
It was either the suits or the greys, I can't remember.

Really though, it's more of a joke about the area being popular amongst recreational crystalline substance enthusiasts. In fact, my first two-up on the TW was a couple months after I got it, for a whole 1/4 of a mile from one recreational/swimming area to the another. A lovely lass, I nicknamed her "Methany". The local chamber of commerce and parts of law enforcement tend to downplay the situation quite a bit.

A park a bit further down the river (completely underwater right now) is known colloquially as "pickle park", where men exchange favors for goods or other favors. One of my favorite jumps is on the access road to the back corner where they tend to congregate. It's a nice gentle sloping bit where I can get maybe ~6ft of distance at 35mph or so with a nice smooth uneventful landing. It's almost like it was designed specifically to be a ramp for underpowered trail bikes, but it's part of a drainage recess between the lake and the river.

I just view the whole area as a zombie infested wasteland and ride accordingly. There are some pretty spots along the river when it's not flooded though.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Maybe the high water will have cleaning ripples to help clean up pickle park where the Blue Poo Crew hang out.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
"Methany" & "Pickle Park"...HOOT!

I see you're near St Louie. I would have guessed Cali...

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Been Here, Done That....:cool::sad11: The St Marys River out of it's banks...

St Marys River TW 3D.png TW Riding the Flood 3d.png Flood #3 002.JPG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts