TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10419882_10202936158037021_1169928093_n.jpg :DI will be testing this new Spam looks good!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Enjoy! I can't eat that crap any more.

I hate you again.

Reactions: ZDR1

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I will post a test in the A.M!

Enjoy! I can't eat that crap any more.

I hate you again.
Don't be a prick it is only food! and I love you back!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Show us the Sodium Content label :eek:

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Mystery Meat and one step away from dog food! Boy could I tell some stories about the food service industry.

GaryL

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
"Glorious Spam"? Spam has its moments but where is the glory?

Reactions: elime

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I don't think there can be any comparison to tortilla's and real chorizo. Yum Yum Yum

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
In my early days working at the NY Prisons we had work release programs. Inmates who were deemed non violent could get jobs outside the prison and I would have to deliver and pick them up from their jobs.

One popular job that hired these convicts was a big chicken, egg farm. I am talking gigantic buildings with millions of chickens laying eggs, force fed food and lots of poop. The convicts shoveled the poop, cleaned the cages and removed the dead chickens.

Sitting in the van one afternoon a bit early and a big tractor trailer pulled up to the loading ramp. Campbell's soup on the side. The door opened and there was a pile of dead chickens about 6 feet high and probably 20 feet wide. One of the convicts on a little bobcat machine started pushing this pile of dead chickens into the truck, flies all over the pile and he was wearing a bug net head cover. I was amazed and got out to talk to the truck driver. YUP! Campbell's chicken noodle soup! Have not eaten chicken noodle soup since unless it was strictly home made.

You don't ever want to see where the meat in spam or hot dogs comes from but as I said, if the slaughter house can't sell it for hot dogs and spam it ends up as dog food.

GaryL

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Working as a Sanitarian/Environmental Health Director, I had the chance to not only inspect restaurants for 20 years, but also to "visit" slaughter houses and food processing facilities....while most food processing places were clean as a new whistle, there were cases that would turn any thinking person into a non Restaurant going guy, and resign many to only eating the stuff they grew on their own....downed Cows, and fowl, are used on a daily basis for human consumption. :mad:

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
"Glorious Spam"? Spam has its moments but where is the glory?
In the deserts of Saudi Arabia month number 5 after nothing but goats and MRE's. Waiting patiently for the ground war to kick off:eek: I would have done anything for a can of Spam and some real cheese.

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
In the deserts of Saudi Arabia month number 5 after nothing but goats and MRE's. Waiting patiently for the ground war to kick off:eek: I would have done anything for a can of Spam and some real cheese.

Tom
YUP! Camping food if nothing else is available and between Dinty More beef stew, spam and canned corned beef I have survived some good camp trips.

GaryL

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I fried some up with scrambled Eggs and put some shredded Cheese on top and some Hernandez salsa Good stuff.

Reactions: qwerty and Fred

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I wouldn't eat that garbage even if my doctor told me it was food which I'm highly doubtful that it is. Good Old Roy's dog food would be a better choice.
Good! More for the rest of us.

All things in moderation.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SPAM® Varieties | Delicious Varieties of SPAM Meat® | SPAM it is better for you then Slim Jims I think! and I have been going into commercial kitchens for over 30 years the worst Chinese hands down and one I would not put my tool bag down was a Denney's.
Denney"s I went out side and found a milk crate to put my tool bag on and told the Manager you need to clean this kitchen and your Gas appliances this is nasty and he said we are 24hrs no down time .

·
Registered
814 Posts
I used to make deliveries to a pet food manufacturer. I haven't ate dog food since. You only think dog food is better!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Long distance hiker's rescue meal, from Lipsmackin' Backpackin'

Tree Frog Soup with Rattlesnake

4 serving-size cups Near East Dried Split Pea Soup
1 (12 oz) tin of Spam
4 cups water

Heat water, chop up spam add everything to water, eat when it is all hot.

Has nearly magical restorative powers for long undernourished and wrung out bodies, no idea why. Its a temporary reprieve, but my hats off to spam, it was there when I needed it.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Long distance hiker's rescue meal, from Lipsmackin' Backpackin'

Tree Frog Soup with Rattlesnake

4 serving-size cups Near East Dried Split Pea Soup
1 (12 oz) tin of Spam
4 cups water

Heat water, chop up spam add everything to water, eat when it is all hot.

Has nearly magical restorative powers for long undernourished and wrung out bodies, no idea why. Its a temporary reprieve, but my hats off to spam, it was there when I needed it.
I couldn't agree more! Never said I would not eat Spam, I just won't eat any canned meat when I am home with a freezer full of Venison, Beef, Pork, fish frozen veggies I grew. Great on the trail and just so you know, fat equals protein and energy. Great for you as long as you are burning it off.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts