TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for another great ride with Admiral in the mountains south of his lair to the Pilot Peak and Idaho City areas. More great roads, trails, sights to see, and scenery. He sure knows how to make sure the rides are a bit adventurous and scenic. Thanks again Admiral for taking the time to haul me around the countryside. I hit 1500 miles on the bike. Just happened to notice the mileage on a stop. Visited an old gold mine on the trail. Very interesting things to see. The wild flowers were in full bloom and blanketed the hillsides and forest everywhere. Incredible variety of colors. Check out the hawk on the right of the last photo with Admiral at Pilot Peak. Just happened to be flying by. Didn't notice it until after looking at the photos on the computer.
Idaho City 1 (6).jpg
Idaho City 1 (8).jpg
Idaho City 1 (29).jpg
Idaho City 1 (40).jpg

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looks like another great one. Wish I could have made it.

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
758 Posts
Another fantastic ride report!

What is the tower used for, and, is the guy in the background between Admiral and the hawk an employee there?

Also, may be something y'all have done several times but, looking around the area on Google Maps is this peak at,
44.009598, -115.776221 accessible by motorcycle?

What an interesting area to ride in. Beautiful State, Idaho!

Marty

·
Registered
13,903 Posts
Another fantastic ride report!

What is the tower used for, and, is the guy in the background between Admiral and the hawk an employee there?

Also, may be something y'all have done several times but, looking around the area on Google Maps is this peak at,
44.009598, -115.776221 accessible by motorcycle?

What an interesting area to ride in. Beautiful State, Idaho!

Marty
There were a couple of guys in a Razor at the old lookout when we were there. We talked to them later. Pilot Peak is now a communications, antenna farm, radio repeater type place.

The peak you googled is one of two Jackson Peaks in the area. Gets confusing. The other is about 20 miles east and has a fire lookout tower on it. I've ridden to that one a few years ago. This Jackson Peak is only accessible by foot now as there is a fence across the trail with foot, hoof, or peddle power sign. It is said to also have had a fire lookout tower on it once upon a time. It's about a 2-mile hike (4 round trip) from Coulter Summit on FS380. I hope to hike to this peak this year. A few weeks ago I tried riding to this peak from the west but the trail was so overgrown and deteriorated I couldn't go any further. I want to see if there are any remains, foundations for the old lookout.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thanks Kris! Mount a set of bicycle pedals on the TDub and it can be deemed Pedal-Assist ;)

Marty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts