TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just bought a TW that has an FMF exhaust. The spark plug is white. What do I need to do to make this exhaust work on my bike?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
if you like the muffler, and are going to keep it, then some carb tuning is in order. richen it up a bit. go to the technical section and read some of the write ups on the subject. if you're going to put the stock muffler back on, or modify the FMF, do that first and then fool around with jetting and welcome to the forum

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
Sounds like you need a bigger main jet

Not a carb man myself, so I'll hand you over to the rest of the pack

Welcome to the board .... ;)

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
What year TW? How many miles on the plug?

Find out what jet you have in the carburetor now and then order some richer and maybe one or two leaner.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12-main-jet-9-99-and-free-shipping-Off-road-motorcycle-carburetor-engine-TK-JOG/32261782626.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.SSGwjq

Ditto for the pilot jet.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12-pilot-jet-10-9-free-shipping-Off-road-motorcycle-YBR-carburetor-vice-injectors-TK/32261696051.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.SSGwjq

I have used these main jets with satisfaction but the verdict on the pilot jets is still out. Hopefully one will soon be tested by a forum member in Burbank. As far as I know I am the only forum member that uses AliExpress main jets.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I'd call fmf customer service and tell them your bike make and model and what exhaust you purchased and will tell you how to jet your carb. They should know better than any of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
?...?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ok read it to fast, not what fmf pipe you purchased but what exhaust is on your bike. When I purchased a fmf exhaust for my old quad I played around with jetting and never got it quite right. Called fmf and they told me what jets to install and the quad ran perfect after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts