TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a new 2013 TW200. I remember looking at these when I was younger. I started looking at Enduro's and could not believe the prices of them things. I sold my Harley last year and wasn't going to buy another bike. Got tired of the crazy people on the street , I about got creamed several times last year and got fed up. I never went anywhere on my Harley but just back and forth to work. If there was a 30% chance of rain the Harley stayed at home because it is so much work to clean up. I had been wanted an enduro for a while now. We have a farm in the family that has a full on motocross track and several miles of trails at my disposal so it made since to get one. I have raced BMX since 1977 and this little TW makes me feel at home. At 50 Yrs. old I really didn't need a full on race enduro. I will say after having a Harley that was all tricked out and would smoke the tire off of it to the T-dub I feel right at home. Maybe I just wasn't the Harley dude that I wanted to be. Jim

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome aboard. You will have so much more fun with the TW. Plus you won't spend all week fixing it just to go out riding on the weekend.:)

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
Maybe I just wasn't the Harley dude that I wanted to be.
Welcome. Well said. It's how I feel. After I sold mine many years ago, my kids ask me if I'll get another. I tell them I have no desire to own another one. I still like them, just don't want one. It's not me.

Have fun on the forum!

·
Registered
186 Posts
A motorcyclist is still just a motorcyclist, it really doesn't matter what or where you ride as long as you feel comfortable and free. I used to ride a Honda Nighthawk along with some buddies who owned Harley's, and it was a lot of fun..........until it started to rain. And then the party was over as they raced back to their respective garages like their motorcycles were going to turn into pumpkins!

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
And there is that underutilized forum tool called community, and indeed there is one for Indiana, it might even turn into something some day. (There is actually quite a bit of stuff there I have posted.)

Click "community" at the top of the page and join if you are so inclined.

And of course, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Been a hoosier and plan on returning after this job is over. Glad to see you took off the pirate costume. I'm sure you will get along fine with the rest of us that are wearing our every day clothes. TW is a most capable tool as long as you respect it's limits. People may be nicer to you on it than they did when you were on the Harley. I know how mental some Hoosiers are when they climb into their cages. The TW gives you the option of pulling off into the grass when they get to stupid. I think I will join the Hoosier group so that I'm not a stranger when I return.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The real problem in growing up is we finally realist that all that stuff we do to impress others, doesn't do a thing for ourselves. Then, we wake up and say, I want to do this because it works for "ME".
Welcome to the TW world, with time you will find out how fantastic it can be.
Mel

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the welcomes!!!! This forum is really cool and has lots of info. This morning it was little wet and 56-58 degrees. Just left to go home for lunch and it was 41 degrees. It may be in the 30's by the time I get off. Do you this I left the TW in the garage, He11 no. So fun to ride. Cold blooded little bugger. Hopefully the idle will smooth up a little as it breaks in. Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have a t-dub yet but i have the bug really bad. I have my Versys for sale on EBay and if/when it sells i will be getting one. also from Indiana. whats the best way to find some trails?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Badlands in Attica Indiana is where I would go depending where you are from. What part of Indiana are you in? I am lucky and have plenty to ride because we have it in the family. Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well my TW is in the shop. Not even 30 miles on it. Twice now the thing quit after first starting it up. With the enricher out it went to fast idle for about 10 seconds and died and will not start up. Last Sunday I put a new plug in and charged the battery and it started right up (after messing around for over an hour). Tuesday morning I went to ride it to work and same thing but this time it will not start no matter what I do. The Tech thinks it has a lot of crud because of all the ethanol in gas. The Bike had 8 miles on it and was a left over 2013 so who knows how long the fuel set in it. Hopefully they find a good reason why this happened and restore my confidence in the little TW. Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seafoam is the cheapest and first thing I would do. Drain all the gas. Add a half gallon of new gas and a decent amount of seafoam. It doesn't work immediately but it has solved lots of "fuel issues".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am a firm believer in Seafoam. I sell tons of it at work (Autoparts store). I was going to do that and much more but I thought I should call the dealer because I only have 21 miles on it myself. We have additive that takes care of ethanol at work also but I have not even put gas in the thing myself. I think it will be fine after they get it going and then I will start with the additives. I still need to put the battery tender on it also. It will be like getting a new bike all over again when I get it :) Jim

1 - 20 of 34 Posts