TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With help from Ice_Man, I was able to find a folding shifter for the Dub that is approximately the same length as the stock item. It comes from IMS flight line, item #317314. I bought mine from Amazon.com. It is steel and appears much stronger than the original. I have a Ricochet skid plate and due to its design I may not need to put a leash on the new lever. Thoughts?

Will

·
Registered
236 Posts
Link?

Also I never quite understood the point of a lease on the lever? Care too elaborate :) thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
493 Posts
The leash is just in case the cool new lever feels like the Tdub in inferior and it may seek a new more hospitable home. Now he commented that he is sporting a Ricochet plate and those look damn burley and I think he is right. The new lever should be impressed by this new package and stay on the Tdub without any restraining device.

Ok carry on :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Link?

Also I never quite understood the point of a leash on the lever? Care too elaborate :) thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Wire from the front of the lever to a point forward on the skid plate.

Keeps heavy grass or small trees from getting stuck between the lever and the engine.

Not a big concern when you are staying on the trail or in territory that has low or no grass, but in areas where you drive through high grass, brush, bushes, and such, the cable will make the stuff bend over, or go outside the lever.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
With help from Ice_Man, I was able to find a folding shifter for the Dub that is approximately the same length as the stock item. It comes from IMS flight line, item #317314. I bought mine from Amazon.com. It is steel and appears much stronger than the original. I have a Ricochet skid plate and due to its design I may not need to put a leash on the new lever. Thoughts?

Will
Can you post a picture of this and the stock lever side by side?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, RBM. The shifter is now on the TW and I'd rather not remve it now. (the truth is I'm not too swift with posting pictures on the Internet!) Trust me, your shifting foot will never know.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just went out and checked and the IMS is about 1/2 inch longer than stock.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have the outlaw racing yz250f shifter and it is the same length perfect fit. only 20 bucks too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anybody running a longer shifter.? I make the stock 4" center to center. According to the info above the IMS will be about 4 1/2". I have big feet so looking for a bit more length. Any tips?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts