TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Football at Parkway cropped.jpg

First Scrimmage tonight up at Wayne Trace High School the Black Swamp of NW Ohio....gotta say not really ready, I have had to much fun with the TW Moab and the Great Lakes Rides this Spring and Summer....so I made the decision a few months ago, I would retire from both Football and Basketball Officiating after the 2016 football and 2016-17 Basketball Campaigns .... 68 is/will be old enough and long enough.....

Baseball on the other hand is like my soulmate...60 years as a player, coach, broadcaster, and umpire....that one I won't let go for awhile....unless God and Mother Nature/Father Time let me know different....;)

District Ump.jpg

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hoot, I'n sure you have heard it all in your time as an official. While coaching High School baseball I had a fun exchange with an umpire. He and I had played softball with and against each other in prior years. We had a freindly conversation going on between innings the entire game looking back as players. He was not haveing a good day call wise. At one point i asked if he ever noticed the path that players have taken after their playing days. He asked, what do youy mean? Well, it looks like to me, when your legs go, you go into coaching. When your eyes go, you go into umping. I got a dirty look and a smile. Thank you for all of your years being an official.

Joemama

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts