TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm with you all! Jeebus!!! Can't tell you how many times I've tried shifting into 6th!!

Might go so far as saying give it a 7th gear!! :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah I still go for 6th sometimes. I keep thinking the perfect setup would be 300cc with a 6th gear. First through 5th the same as it is stock to keep that low chugging through trails gearing, sprockets and all then have that extra cruising gear. Would be a technical trail terror on weekends that putts along the commute a bit smoother during the week.
Maybe I just need to do the 225 with 6 speed conversion. But but I love it enough how it is stock to not want to go through the trouble. Now if I had the spare cash and a ready to go freshly rebuilt conversion was floating around..... I see ready to go 225's pop up from time to time, but I'm always broke. :rolleyes:
Plus I have a real hard time doing anything major that might take the bike down for a weekend if I don't have to. Gotta fix that flimsy crossbrace that rear rack mounts to that I broke last weekend due to lots of camp gear on the CycleRack and a really rough road this Saturday. Gonna kill half a day I could be out riding.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
it will alwas be " if only i had 1 more " i know with my 6 speed bikes i am alwas looking for the 7th and with RV's it is "if i only had 1 more foot " frustrating isn't it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts