TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new DID 428VX chain, 122FB, with clip, spec'd for a TW. I never got around to changing out the chain before I traded the T dub. Think I paid $75, some places now have it for $65. I'm gonna list it for $45.. Buyer pays shipping. PM for PayPal address or questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much is shipping? I do not have paypal. Will a $50.00 check get this done. MBW
MBW, a personal check takes a while to clear. No offense, I've been burned before with personal checks. Happy to take it but it will have to clear. Or a postal money order (US Post office or large supermarkets do these). Let me know, personal message here in the forum.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I've sold a bunch to MBW and he is always good to his word so you can deal with confidence IMO

Personal check clears in 2 or 3 banking days in most cases - does carry NSF fee risk if it bounces

Cashiers check takes at least 10 banking days to clear and is the highest risk for banking system mistakes

Postal MO is the safest and both parties and cannot be cancelled for t least 60 days bit is ONLY available from US or Canadian Post Office

No other money orders are secure like the Postal MO

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
W0W. I bought my bike off the classified ads here, unseen, and the deal was done by PM and phone, and when the bike arrived by the shipper I contracted, from Arizona to me in Florida, I sent out a check and all was good.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
W0W. I bought my bike off the classified ads here, unseen, and the deal was done by PM and phone, and when the bike arrived by the shipper I contracted, from Arizona to me in Florida, I sent out a check and all was good.
Not bad mouthing anyone, or anyone's experiences. I bought a bike off ADVrider the same way. The guy even picked me up at the airport. BUT, not all of the checks I have received over the years have cleared. Just being prudent here folks and hoped this chatter could have been done in PM. But we'll get MBW his chain and all will be well with the world. :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Not intending to be too harsh, we've all had the same experience, but you have to trust someone sometime. How does the buyer know that if he sends out a check, he gets the merchandise? Without any security of Paypal or a credit card, the buyer is just hoping the seller will honor the transaction. It works both ways.
Wish I saw it first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts