TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alas buying and moving to a new house necessitates selling my 2002 TW200 which only last week crossed the 10,000 mile mark. This bike has been a member here on this forum since it was bought in 2007 with 316 miles on the bike. It has been adorned with :O ring chain; WPS sealed battery; XT 350 tank (3.14 gallons); Kick starter; Saddle bags and custom bag supports; Jimbo shield; Lockable and watertight aluminum Haliburton top case on the OEM rack; Ricochet Bottom Shield, and Small tank bag. Note: the XT350 tank is pristine with no rust inside or out, no dents and a vintageYamaha tuning fork fuel cap. The ugly duckling XT350 tank that I originally installed on this bike (which you may have seen depicted in some of the photos in the how-to-install sticky on XTtank installation) was replaced when I discovered a near new tank on Craig’sList. This bike has been gently ridden,always garaged, and very seldom even seen precipitation or mud. I have a JoeHauler bike carrier for a 2”hitch (with turn signals on the rack) that would be included at no extra charge for long distant transport and a Seat Concepts gripper seat cover kit if it hasnot been sold by the time the bike is purchased. Price: $2900. I’m located in central New Mexico, in the town of Belen 87002 (close to I-40 and I-25). Tom 505 264-4501 or [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Hey buddy. I know you love that bike. Best wishes and I hope you get to buy it back someday. Thats a great deal, someone here should grab it up!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
peruano,

i hope you will still check in once in a while... someone else who appreciates our scaly friends, and full of tw knowledge.

ride on!

joe band

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Nice Deal especially when you factor in the bike carrier.
Might be my laptop but I don't see any pictures which immensely helps a sale.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike is sold pending completion of transaction. It is lucky in being headed to Tucson, another dry climate. Maybe it can go its entire corrida with minimal rain trauma. Thanks Eric.
I'm likely to visit the forum often even sans TW. Hey its a community made up of individuals and personalities. Need I say some individuals have more personality than others. I've really enjoyed the comraderie of this place. I hosted the great Lizrdbrth on his honeymoon; mailed a Walmart seat pad to Australia to save Turborob's tuche; traded parts with innumerable folks from my parts bike; received a MrGizmow windmill in exchange for polished New Mexican rocks, and in general shot the breeze with a community that I barely deserved to be a part of. What more can you expect from communication based on electrons. Ride on everyone and enjoy the great outdoors. Tom

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Tom, while we've never met you shall be missed. If a loaner Buddy Bike can be arranged for you any chance you could come to MOAB 2019 or another group ride and finally meet some of us goofballs?
Your TW has been an inspiration of reasonable mods to improve the TW. Well done, somebody is getting a well prepped bike.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's too kind to extend an invitation to the Moab gathering. In fact I've visited Moab a couple of years but sans moto - I hit the Desert Gardens rock swap gathering. This year I'm moving a good many of the rocks in the hoard so won't be buying new ones and will be trying to see if the bicycle will start after many months of neglect. Today I probably moved 1500 lbs of rocks in the pickup, and tomorrow have to start disassembling 3 rocks saws (oil drained already which is messier than spray painting an angry dog). Some day our paths may cross whether on the trail or over a brew in some mutually convenient spot. Group gatherings can be fun as long as the pace fits the rider. You all enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts