TW200 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Darth,
I agree and could find several more places that California thing should be put.

I use the TW for transportation off of a Versa-haul on the back of my motor home. I haven't seen any performance issues with the canister so far but I haven't owned it that long but what a fun bike to ride. It's perfect for what I use it for. I had looked for a Trail 90 but then looked in the mirror and forgot that I didn't weigh 100 pounds anymore. So the TW is a perfect fit for me.

In Arizona I think the oil cooler would be a big plus.

John

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
One left.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my oil cooler installed this afternoon. Outside temps near Phoenix should be around 113 in the next week so the cooler will be put to the test. My ride is an XT225 and not a TDub, but this cooler is a perfect fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
makes me smile to see these still in production, lizrdbrth was really proud of them and being able to help this clan of odd-bike riders.

i remember asking him about the hose line and why i couldn't find it at our local auto parts store... when i cut mine too short. he laughed and went into a 15 min talk about finding the right hose, and all of the specifications for the sourced hose.

i've had mine for nearly 8 years, works great lowering the temp and never one problem.

he was a gentleman and a scholar, and a hell of a talker. great stories.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine got here yesterday. I have two questions:
1. On then top/front of the cooler, there's a allen head plug. Is this for priming, or bleeding, or just a plug for the machining process?
2. Does the new filter cover use a OEM Oring?
Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
Just updated the price. Remember they are cheaper if you order direct from me ($170.00) instead of E-Bay ($190.00)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
i came across a picture of my xt225 with the oil cooler on it. just thought i would post to let everyone know these coolers will fit other bikes. i had to weld some brackets on the frame to mount the cooler. i think it fit the XT better than the TW

Attachments

421 - 440 of 447 Posts