Discussion Starter #1
Here's a parts bike if someone was interested in picking it up:

Yamaha TW 200

00k0k_bwL1dHiEfBz_1200x900.jpg

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Well there is the spare engine Admiral could have used a month ago.;) I think Lori is happier with Wilbur2.0 though. Maybe evan has room in his shop for another parts bike although anything over ~$400 for a no title, semi-non running TW seems risky.
Good find BackCountryCrawler, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somebody could use it, if it was closer to Boise, I'd buy it! From the sound of the guys ad, I think he would sell it cheaper just to see "his" headache :mad: go away! ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well fellas, this bike now resides in my garage. Hello, new guy here and as you can see I have a little work cut out for me. A carb clean and battery charge turned it into a runner, although it is not charging. The motor is completely rebuilt, .050 over bore, receipts in hand for work and parts much more than the asking price. The seller is a really cool dude, avid biker with limited space for toys.

Now starts the scavenger hunt for a few parts, I'll start a new post for that.

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Welcome Rusty. Guess we'll have to stop teasing your bike now that it is a runner. Maybe a few can actually help.
For instance Registration. Older threads here speak of Vermont's easy registration for out of state vehicles over the mail. Or the more honest but cumbersome California Lost Title process. Maybe someone can post link to relevant posts?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice buy, Rusty. It will be a good project for you, you'll find lots of help here on the site from existing posts as well as advice. By the way, you just experienced the "cheap" part of buying a TW! Now comes the fun of tweaking it to fit you... $$$ Wooohooo!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks guys for the warm welcome, this little feller should keep me entertained for awhile... along with the other five bikes in the garage!
Fred- the p/o already started the title process, I just need to have the CHP give it a look see then wait in a long line at the DMV and fork out the hard earned peanuts. The p/o did a lot for the machine already, new; tires, front wheel, sprockets, chain, pro-taper bars and grips. He spent more than the asking price on an engine re-build. He handed me a thick folder of receipts and paperwork. This bike does have it's cosmetic issues to be sure, perfect specimen for customizing!

Rusty

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
the tdub pays great dividends... but the $$ is an investment in smiles per mile.
priceless.

you'll have to come join us on a wrench n ride or nor cal adventure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts