TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New ford Bronco.

I live near many auto proving grounds and always see them running around town in camouflage and have been seeing a cool retro Ford Bronco so I think you will see one on the market soon.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hopefully it will sell well enough to convince GM to roll out a retro fully-convertible K5 Blazer.

Then people with good taste in cars will have something to buy too! :p

·
Registered
6,406 Posts

·
Registered
20,158 Posts
Yeah, that pushes all the right buttons for me. I have had more than my share of Broncos for company field vehicles and would have loved to have one this well built... images-14.jpeg 2015-Ford-Bronco-Spy-Pictures.jpg 1991-Ford-Bronco-Project-Fearless.jpg think this is a nicely customized "91 for sale. The pedigree wasn't obvious from the link I found. Darn Handsome and practical looking, not a fragile Mall-cruising suv.

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hopefully it will sell well enough to convince GM to roll out a retro fully-convertible K5 Blazer.

Then people with good taste in cars will have something to buy too! :p
It's not up to them anymore.

The new CAFE standards apply to light trucks as well. Mediums, too - which is why GMC and Chevy and Ford got out of that market.

That's ALSO why you cannot buy a SMALL pickup truck, or one with a single cab. There were different fuel-economy standards for different grades of trucks. The six-passenger trucks have standards that can be met, with a lot of engineering. The small trucks, like Toyota USED to sell...they're complete fantasy. Smaller cabs have higher standards to meet - even though they're basically the same truck as the stretch-cab or crew-cab models, just a few extra pounds. Manufacturers cannot meet them and have a rugged work vehicle, so we can't buy them anymore.

That's why the Explorer became a car - because as a truck it couldn't meet the CAFE standards.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
My take on this....

Ford was the only one of the original big Three that didn't use your tax dollars to bail them out so they could keep making money, ...off your tax dollars.

I own a Ford F150 and I'll push that damn thing up and down the road before I'll ever by a Government Motors Corporation, (GMC) or Clysrer vehicle again.

Hell, Toyota is more made in 'Merica than any of them.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Yeah, that pushes all the right buttons for me. I have had more than my share of Broncos for company field vehicles and would have loved to have one this well built... View attachment 22823 View attachment 22824 View attachment 22826 think this is a nicely customized "91 for sale. The pedigree wasn't obvious from the link I found. Darn Handsome and practical looking, not a fragile Mall-cruising suv.
Well if this was a custom build then Ford should put this person on their design team! That thing pushes all the right buttons for me too. Gorgeous.

Tom

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well if this was a custom build then Ford should put this person on their design team! That thing pushes all the right buttons for me too. Gorgeous.

Tom
You...the consumer...you don't matter.

The government bureaucrats and their inflexible, un-appealable, non-scientific standards...those matter.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Tom
Tom that is close to what I see running around it is a hard top painted flat black and covered with a cover to hide the body shape it has a few lap top computers in the passenger seat .

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Tom that is close to what I see running around it is a hard top painted flat black and covered with a cover to hide the body shape it has a few lap top computers in the passenger seat .
Great...... There goes the boy's college fund!:D

Tom

·
Registered
20,158 Posts
Ford has some nice recent concepts for Broncos and Rangers. Be nice if Z's find makes it to the marketplace.. mqdefault.jpg

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looked like my uncle bobs. 6eeff0618bb95cf2fd95589c3c35c040.jpg

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Community college for the smith kids!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts