TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding yesterday, stopped for a break, and Scooter noticed, from a distance, a Silver line across my fork boots. Turns out they are beginning to rip apart.

Check them over and replace if needed to keep the debris out, and fork seals clean.

Pic below not my bike....found on other forum.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ken!!

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Remember to leave the bottom of the old fork boots on the shocks sometimes it makes aftermarket shock boots fit better
Great Idea, Gully!

Marty

·
Registered
107 Posts
Must jump in here and endorse Seal Savers in place of the gaiters. Better fit, removable for cleaning and much better at deflecting dirt and grit from wearing down your seals. Everything I've owned has had installed within 1st month of ownership.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
940 Posts
I was just looking at those, Buddy! Which ones do you run?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm wondering too, does anyone know which seal savers fit? I had a pair years back - the tw's suspension part of the fork is much wider in diameter than the actual fork tube and the SS had to be big enough to fit onto the suspension part which made it way too loose on the top tube part. I hope I'm describing that well enough.... Would love to run the seal savers that zip on and off, which seems very useful when washing your TW, you can unzip them so water isn't sitting on the seals after a wash or wet ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts