TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone that has replaced the front springs let me know what rates you went with and how it works for you? I'm 170lbs and ProCycle says I should get the 20% stiffer ones based on my weight but I use my bike a little more aggressively and I also often load it up for camping.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I outweigh you by a bit...and I was going to get the stiffer ones...just because.
Might be something to consider if you're going to ride aggressively (I don't) and/or pack a lot of gear. Stiffer springs will help if you go for an aftermarket tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have a 2008 and I was thinking the same thing. Bigger loads and harder hits probably justify the stiffer spring.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the stiffer springs on one of my TWs and I absolutely love them. Going back to the bike with the stock springs makes the bike feel so much less capable. Too soft.

Sam

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I also have a 2008 and I was thinking the same thing. Bigger loads and harder hits probably justify the stiffer spring.
Just curious, is that a Bandit Edition?

Marty

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
i'm 5'11" and 190lbs, and i went with the 20% stiffer and thought they were a great upgrade. i have an OEM XT225 tank mounted, so another 4lbs up there. i'm not jumping supercross, but i've ridden it pretty hard and think they were enough.

i also beefed up the rear spring and added an extended swingarm. YMMV

·
Registered
102 Posts
It might be worth experimenting with these for the money... Fork Preload Adjusters for $28.

I'm 200lbs, in addition I run panniers, tank bag & 4.1 gallon tank and before trying these I was eyeing the full blown Race Tech kit from Procycle to deal with bottoming out the forks.

They got a very good workout last weekend on a run in to the China Camp off of Middlemarch Rd in the Dragoon Mtns, a rocky & rutted trail. They've all but eliminated bottoming out while still maintaining compliance. When a rut did sneak up on me and I hit it hard enough to bottom the forks, they changed the event from a metallic bang to a slower, more spread out thud.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It might be worth experimenting with these for the money... Fork Preload Adjusters for $28.

I'm 200lbs, in addition I run panniers, tank bag & 4.1 gallon tank and before trying these I was eyeing the full blown Race Tech kit from Procycle to deal with bottoming out the forks.

They got a very good workout last weekend on a run in to the China Camp off of Middlemarch Rd in the Dragoon Mtns, a rocky & rutted trail. They've all but eliminated bottoming out while still maintaining compliance. When a rut did sneak up on me and I hit it hard enough to bottom the forks, they changed the event from a metallic bang to a slower, more spread out thud.
Bought those over a year ago. Still haven't gotten around to put them in. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm about 210 went with the procycle stiffer springs Great improvement - I have also compressed them a little with a bolt emulater (sp?)
No more bottoming out and yet still plenty of play/softening of terrain

·
Registered
102 Posts
Probably takes longer to dial them in to your liking than to install them. Throw an 8mm wrench in your tank bag and head down your favorite rutted trail.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I had the 40% procycle springs and the red rear spring and i ended up swapping them for the 20% ones. Even when i weighed over 225 i thought they were a little on the stiff side, especially on the street but that that weight they were livable for sure. Now that i weigh 185 they were way too stiff and i bought the 20% front and white rear spring . Its much better for me with the this setup, i sometimes ride pretty aggressively off road and no issues bottoming these out even loaded down with gear.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I added air valves to my for caps. It was cheaper and had more progression . You only need to add a few lbs of air. Like 3 to 5. But you could go higher for a loaded bike or when you are racing Supercross

1 - 12 of 12 Posts