TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I somewhat disagree. The extension caps are a simple beginner lathe job, any lathe is capable of it. You'd need a boring head for the mill to bore the triple clamps and there's more risk if you blow the dimension and scrap the part. Not a big deal either way though.

Next on my list: footpeg lowering brackets!
Foot pegs lowering brackets........ I want some 😀

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
219 Posts
The spread won't allow for the wider TW200 front wheel I would suspect.
The triple tree is steel? Didn't know that. When I honed out my case for the kick starter, I used a sanding drum. worked great. I imagine it wasn't perfect, but since the forks are clamped on the inner tube, not the outer, no worries about inner/outer stiction from a slight warp or non-compliance fit. As long as they clamp the forks up that high with nothing but a spring inside, it should be fine. I may fill gaps with some sort of filler. Perhaps Liquid Steel with a Saran Wrap around the fork tube while it sets. Then remove the fork, Saran Wrap and reassemble. I could index the upper to the lower that way when I set the epoxy with the fork tube as well.

I would prefer the fork extensions if meatshield gets around to milling any. I don't have a problem with the stock forks, just that I'm running an ATV tire and have a 2" extended swingarm I'll be swapping in once my TTR225 motor is ready to transplant.
A 21” front wheel would make the bike taller as well. :)
I hope I am not banned for such blasphemy.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
A 21” front wheel would make the bike taller as well. :)
I hope I am not banned for such blasphemy.
Not as tall as you would think. Photos of the TW200 and TTR225 side-by-side: (TTR225 may need preload set a little stiffer)
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Plant Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
What do you think about a sanding flap wheel to open up the 33mm to 35mm? What grit would be recommended? They come in a 40 all the way to 600 grit. Sizes include 1.6" and 2" diameter. I think 1.6 would work, but 2" would be a tighter fit and likely cut faster. All thoughts and opinions appreciated.
I've removed a lot of steel material using a right angle grinder with a flapper disc, but not a drill-style flap wheel.
Pneumatic tool Handheld power drill Drill Hammer drill Tool

Food Light Cake decorating Lighting Cake decorating supply

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Here's my plan, a big ol' reamer o_O!

View attachment 226335
I was eying this adjustable reamer but was wondering how to tool the handles. Your photo explains that. THANKS!
EDIT
Oops! I need two of them since this one doesn't go down to 33mm where I need to start and the next size down won't go up to 35mm.

EDIT
Another edit; found both H13 and H14 on eBay for total of under $50 for both including ship and tax. Hmmm....

EDIT
and still another edit. The description kills my idea, "They are also restricted to usage unbroken holes. If a hole has an axial split along it, such as a split bush or a clamping hole each straight tooth will in turn drop into the gap causing the other teeth to retract from their cutting position."
So these won't work.
Pen Writing implement Office supplies Writing instrument accessory Office instrument

·
Registered
219 Posts
@Snow Fox , I recently sold my tricked out XT225 to replace it with the TW. I really enjoyed the XT, it was a good bit lighter and seemed a bit more road and off road worthy From what I can tell from the TW. The TW is a little more simple bike which I like. Also, the Trail Way is so different, it makes a lot of people smile. one of my good friends and riding buddies wants his wife to start riding and I put a little smaller tires on the XT (MT21s one size down from stock sizes) and it was too tall for her. The TW is also too tall. The TW is a bit wider but they are similar height wise. The additional suspension travel of the XT was kinda cool considering its seat height to ground clearance specifications. I sure didn’t need both of those bikes since they covered the same “use“. I have some other bigger bikes and some smaller. It’s hard to not just keep growing the stable. I like all motorcycles!

·
Registered
560 Posts
@Snow Fox , I recently sold my tricked out XT225 to replace it with the TW. I really enjoyed the XT, it was a good bit lighter and seemed a bit more road and off road worthy From what I can tell from the TW. The TW is a little more simple bike which I like. Also, the Trail Way is so different, it makes a lot of people smile. one of my good friends and riding buddies wants his wife to start riding and I put a little smaller tires on the XT (MT21s one size down from stock sizes) and it was too tall for her. The TW is also too tall. The TW is a bit wider but they are similar height wise. The additional suspension travel of the XT was kinda cool considering its seat height to ground clearance specifications. I sure didn’t need both of those bikes since they covered the same “use“. I have some other bigger bikes and some smaller. It’s hard to not just keep growing the stable. I like all motorcycles!
I was actually considering an XT225 or a KLX 250. The TW sure is a magnet for bike lovers. Yesterday I rode to town to get my mail and the Dubs drew a small admiring crowd. Actually a thief was among the folks because someone stole my lunch money out of my pack, which I had left on the bike seat when I used the lady's room at the gas station. Afterwards I treated myself to a burger at the local cafe and realized what happened when I couldn't pay the bill. Thank goodness a gentleman at the next table kindly paid for me. 😇
You got road bikes too? 🤩

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I was actually considering an XT225 or a KLX 250. The TW sure is a magnet for bike lovers. Yesterday I rode to town to get my mail and the Dubs drew a small admiring crowd. Actually a thief was among the folks because someone stole my lunch money out of my pack, which I had left on the bike seat when I used the lady's room at the gas station. Afterwards I treated myself to a burger at the local cafe and realized what happened when I couldn't pay the bill. Thank goodness a gentleman at the next table kindly paid for me. 😇
You got road bikes too? 🤩
Sorry that happened..
I do not have a vocabulary sufficient enough to tell you how much I despise a thief .
It should be legal to castrate and hang them in the town square ...
mike from NC

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Reactions: Snow Fox
21 - 40 of 90 Posts