TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I caution against any ebay items from overseas. With that being said, I suppose a little adjust ability would be nice for some, but I don't think it's really needed. Save your money for hand guards or a good skid plate if you haven't installed them yet

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have not tried them but i will be in the "not worth it" camp.

Preload is one of those things that once you have it setup for your weight and you wont need to mess with it again, its not a riding condition thing its a setting up he bike for your weight thing. Fork preload is what sets the sag of the suspension when you sit on the bike. You can adjust it if need be with washers or pipe( metal or plastic) to get the sag~20-25% of the travel when you sit on the bike. You can make spacers for just a couple bucks tops.

check the link below. Lizrdbrth wrote a nice writeup on how fork setup on these bikes is done.
http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-write-ups/2786-fork-oil-changing.html

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
7,155 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ditto!

I changed the fork oil level per Lizrdbrth instructions from 157mm (factory level) to 130 mm and bottoming out has become a rare occurrence. A huge difference.
are there different manuals?..the one i have says factory is 135mm not 157? i too read Lizrdbrth's post and did mine to 125.

(sorry not wanting to hyjack the thread)

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
I assume the 157mm is what elite measured upon disassembly, not factory spec'd number. A bit of oil adheres to the springs when removed so the fluid level appears lower. Important part is that following the Lizrdbrth post results in much improved fork performance.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
are there different manuals?..the one i have says factory is 135mm not 157? i too read Lizrdbrth's post and did mine to 125.
I assume the 157mm is what elite measured upon disassembly, not factory spec'd number. A bit of oil adheres to the springs when removed so the fluid level appears lower. Important part is that following the Lizrdbrth post results in much improved fork performance.
elite?? I like it!

Anyway -- yes, 157mm is what I measured when I disassembled it and 130 is what it was when I put it back together. Lizrd told me to try 130 first, then 125, then 120. I was satisfied with 130 so I stopped.

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
Sorry Tony, my autocorrect is always trying to make you special, or elite. Takes deliberate correction on my part to sour you back to elime. I too took an educated guess at ~127mm, tried it, felt satisfied and moved on to other things ...like riding!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts